Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Beyonce Says Blue Ivy Is "Already Reading Flash Cards" at 13 Months

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

BY ZACH JOHNSON US Weekly

Credit: Zelig Shaul/ACE/INFphoto.com

Beyonce and Jay-Z are raising a prodigy. To promote her HBO documentary, Life Is But a Dream, the "End of Time" singer appeared on the Feb. 16 episode of Oprah's Next Chapter and opened up about life with her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.

"She is hilarious and she is fire. Lord, am I going to have me a time!" the R&B diva said of her 13-month-old little girl with her 43-year-old husband. "She's very smart. She's already reading flashcards. She's beautiful."

The 31-year-old Texas native credits Blue Ivy with expanding her worldview. "My daughter introduced me to myself," she explained. "Motherhood made everything make sense."

VIDEO: Beyonce gushes about Jay-Z on Oprah's Next Chapter

When host Oprah Winfrey asked the 17-time Grammy winner when she plans to give Blue Ivy a sibling, Beyonce smiled wide. "I definitely want to have another child. But it's also important for me to do what I love. I love to make music. I wanted to see after I had my daughter, if I was still as passionate about performing," she answered. "Maybe after this next tour I'll have another."

During the interview, Beyonce also opened up about the miscarriage she suffered before conceiving Blue Ivy. "I felt like there are so many couples that go through that and it was a big part of my story. It was one of the hardest things I've been through. It was one of the reasons I did not reveal that I was pregnant the second time," the songstress admitted. "You don't know what's going to happen. It was hard."

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsNewman
by Shayna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

She seems like a really good mother! 

monjerm01
by Monica on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
^^^^ I agree!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Is it her or the nanny teaching her to read flashcards?

mommy2cristian
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Lol!  I think her mom likes to tell a couple of fibs, including the one where she says she gained 57lbs.  I saw the photos & video she showed & no way.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Interesting
msjaxon
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Doubt its a fib. "Your baby can read" is an awesome learning tool. I've seen babies as young as 10 months reading flashcards.

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Lol!  I think her mom likes to tell a couple of fibs, including the one where she says she gained 57lbs.  I saw the photos & video she showed & no way.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2cristian
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

yeah but not her kid.  there was no bragging, no examples.  i actually don't remember her saying she could read them, but what i do remember her saying is that her daughter likes them when Oprah commented on it.  all of that led me to believe that her daughter is shown flash cards, can probably point out pictures, but not actually read them. 

Quoting msjaxon:

Doubt its a fib. "Your baby can read" is an awesome learning tool. I've seen babies as young as 10 months reading flashcards.

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Quoting BeachMommy07:

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
It's horrible for reading development. Babies are taught to "read" by looking at corresponding pictures. Now that the guinea pigs of ybcr are getting to reading age they are struggling way more then their peers.

Quoting msjaxon:

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Quoting BeachMommy07:

StillTheWine-O
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I love how every article has this picture lol 

Seems like B got her Mom on :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)