Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' poster shows Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson ready for 'Victory Tour'

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

By Chris E. Hayner

catching-fire-victory-tour-poster-lionsgate.jpg

Released Friday, a new poster for "Catching Fire," the second installment of the "Hunger Games" series, show a dramatic shift in tone. Whereas advertising for the first movie was cloaked in dark, ominous colors, this new poster, promoting the "Victory Tour," is almost the exact opposite, bright, with lots of whites and light grays. 

The poster, released on a Facebook profilecredited to the dictatorial "Capitol," features the story's main characters, Katniss Everdeen (Academy Award nomineeJennifer Lawrence), and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson), in what could be described as a futuristic wedding theme. The pair are dressed in white, standing in front of a giant metal structure, with Katniss holding a bouquet of white roses.

Fans of the series will remember that white roses are a trademark of President Snow (Donald Sutherland), leader of the nation of Panem. The poster was released with the following message:

"PANEM ALERT: President Coriolanus Snow is pleased to announce this year's Victory Tour, featuring Katniss Everdeen & Peeta Mellark - Victors of the 74th Hunger Games! The Capitol demands that all districts prepare accordingly. Inquire with your local district officials for further instructions."

A variation of the poster was released exclusively by Hitfix. The poster contains the same imagery, pulled back to reveal the metal structure.

catching-fire-victory-tour-poster-2-hitfix.jpg
Also returning for the film are Elizabeth BanksWoody HarrelsonLenny Kravitz, and Liam Hemsworth. New to the series is Sam Claflin, who has been cast as District 4 tribute Finnick Odair. "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is the second of four films in the series, and will be in theaters November 22.

Photo/Video credit: Lionsgate/Hitfix
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I can't wait to see this movie. I loved the first movie and read all the books in a week.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM

excited for the new one to come out

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Same here!

Quoting deadlights86:

I can't wait to see this movie. I loved the first movie and read all the books in a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaLordsMezNger
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
So excited!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRussell1025
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM
i cannot wait!!
lydi
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

i am so excited but bummed it doesnt come out until november

nikabear
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM
This should be really good!!
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Yay!
Euphoric
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Exciting!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)