Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

NASCAR HORRIFIC WRECK Injures 28 at Daytona

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

How awful! I hope everyone is going to be okay! 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM

A multicar crash on the final lap of the Nationwide Series race Saturday at Daytona International Speedway injured 28 fans, including one who suffered life-threatening head trauma. 

At least one tire flew into the crowd at Daytona International Speedway ... where 14 of the injured were treated on site and the other 14 were transferred off-site. 

A representative from nearby Halifax Medical Center told ESPN that one adult underwent surgery for life-threatening head trauma, and a 14-year-old is in critical, but not life-threatening condition. 

Kyle Larson, the driver of the car was torn to pieces, was not injured.

The Daytona 500, the first and biggest event of the racing season, takes place at the same track tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2LmLo3Gts 
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

sara_7106
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Scary
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wow. That was terrible. Hope they are all gonna be okay. 

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I was watching this race today and been following up on the news. It was a really scary crash. My driver won the race & handled the win with such class. He was more worried about the other drivers and fans than celebrating his win. They race again there tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I missed the race but how are people not freaking out??? This is why ds has yet to go to a race with me.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I have taken the kids to practice but not a race.

Quoting colins_mom:

I missed the race but how are people not freaking out??? This is why ds has yet to go to a race with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM

i don't normally watch, does this type of thing happen a lot? 

Quoting colins_mom:

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I did read that. 

Quoting MamaMandee:

I was watching this race today and been following up on the news. It was a really scary crash. My driver won the race & handled the win with such class. He was more worried about the other drivers and fans than celebrating his win. They race again there tomorrow.

colins_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Not really in Nascar but in private tracks it can. I saw it once when I was a kid. Mostly there are just too many drunk morons for me to take a 6 yo with no attention span lol

Quoting MrsNewman:

i don't normally watch, does this type of thing happen a lot? 

Quoting colins_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)