Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka Call Off Wedding: Report

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 15 Replies

by 

Here's some news that is definitely not legendary.

Rumor has it that Neil Patrick Harris and longtime boyfriend David Burtka have called off their wedding, according to Hollywood Life.

“They’re barely speaking, and as of now there’s no wedding in the immediate future,” says a source. 

Apparently, the 39-year-old How I Met Your Mother star got upset about something that David said as they were on their way to a recent Hollywood party. Things got so tense that the couple reportedly did not even go home together.

“They walked into the party mad at each other,” says an insider. “They both threw back a couple of whiskeys, and that only made things worse.”

“Neil’s still mad, and David is terrified he’s going to lose him,” the source continues.

Neil and David have been together for quite some time, as their first public appearance as a couple was at the 2007 Emmy awards. They are parents to two-year-old twins Gideon and Harper.

If this rumor is true, it would mark the third high-profile split announcement this week, following those of Michelle Williams and Jason Segel, plus Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen. We're sobbing over here!

Gossip columnist Rob Shuter acknowledged the Neil-David rumors on Twitter on February 27 but pointed out that they have yet to be confirmed.  

“BREAKING: Report saying Neil Patrick Harris and his longtime partner David Burtka have called off the wedding," Rob wrote. "I haven’t confirmed yet.”

As of now, we're just going to hope that these rumors aren't true, since Neil and David have been so cute together for so long. Don't do this to us, you two! 

Sources: Hollywood LifeRob Shuter 

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by Diane on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I hope this one is just a rumor

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Me too

Quoting gmadiane:

I hope this one is just a rumor

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I love them and I really hope this is nothing but a terrible rumor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Surely this is just a rumor!? :(

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

No comment, I haven't followed them but fights between people always sucks :(

dawnie1
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I love NPH, but if they can't work it out better now than later. Break-ups do indeed bite though, especially when there are kids.

valhallaarwen
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I heard that there were problems during superbowl week when they were in New Orleans.  I heard that NPH didn't want to leave the party and the boyfriend did.  Caused a fight.

Lunarprancer
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

=0(

.Bubbles.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM
NPH has put on his twitter that this ia totally false. Even more amusing is that there was no wedding to cancel because they never set a date.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

All couple set mad at each other sometimes. Sounds like a stupid rumor. Glad NPH confirmed it as such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)