Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Joan Rivers to Anne Hathaway: ‘Calm Down’

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Count Joan Rivers as one of the women who can't stand Anne Hathaway. During a recent appearance on David Letterman, Rivers made a funny face (and sound) at the mention of Hathaway's name. And then when we ran into the comedian at Avenue last night, for the launch of Tie the Knot's spring collection, she explained her Hathaway problem thus: "I just think she's very, very happy to be Anne Hathaway," she said. "And she has every right to be happy to be Anne Hathaway. But she's found that niche, and she's very delighted about it. Just the way she says, 'I can't wait to have a delicious plate of vanilla vegan ice cream.' Am I going to puke right here? You know?" Of the actress's what-to-wear dilemma, which supposedly took place two hours before the Oscars began, Rivers said [imitating Hathaway], "'Oh, I couldn't figure out which dress to pick ... ' Sweetheart, we've all been working on our dresses for six years, you know? Calm down." Rivers did not, however, blame Hathaway for going with the Prada and its infamous nipple darts. "That's Prada," she said. "Prada almost killed Sigourney Weaver's career. Prada hates women. No, not really." - See 

LINK

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Esmrlda
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

LOL, I love Joan Rivers!  Six years!  LOL

Lunarprancer
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I love her too, ha ha.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOL, I love Joan Rivers!  Six years!  LOL

With light and love

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM
She was so trashing Anne on fashion police too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I never heard of her hatred toward Anne before but I'm not a follower of Joan rivers. I learn so much in this group, haha

gmadiane
by Diane on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I am just not a big fan of Joan Rivers

zoniechick
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Not really a Joan fan myself, she is the one who is really in love with herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)