Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Tori Spelling Slams Divorce Rumors

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

If you look at the cover of Star Magazine this week, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott are divorcing after she caught him with another woman.

But the former "90210" star tells a vastly different tale.

The mother of four is speaking out against the report in a strongly-worded blog post, saying she felt she had to comment this time "not as a celebrity, but as a mom."

The 39-year-old actress says she's used to being trashed in the tabloids, but this time one of her children saw the cover.

"My son Liam is turning 6 in a couple weeks. His proudest achievement so far in his young life is that he is learning to read," she writes. 

"Until now, when that pride turned to sorrow thanks to Star magazine. He first spotted me on the cover, then Dad, and then a picture of himself and his 3 younger siblings. He was able to read two things out loud, the word DIVORCE (which he proudly sounded out) and the caption above his picture which read 'Who will get the kids?' He became terrified," she continues.

"He was asking, 'Why is someone getting us?? Where are you and Dad going?' He was anxiously biting his lower lip and his big blue eyes were filled with tears. My heart sank," writes Tori.

In Spelling's mind, this time the reports crossed the line.

"It's been almost 24 years since I became a public figure starting at age 16 with 90210. It's the downside to this business but I've built up a pretty thick skin to the lies and trash talking at this point. But my children are another story," she says. 

Of her marriage, she also says that Dean isn't going anywhere.

"He has stood by me during the good times and held my hand through the darkest moments of my life," she writes. "I'm so blessed to have him as my partner in life and love and he is the best father to our four children." 

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyOphelia
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I was late to the party! I was just going to post this, since I just read it.  :) 

Honestly, I never really thought of kids & how they can be affected by it. I forget there are celebs like Tori & Dean that parent their kids, take them shopping etc. It is sad because as adults they do know that if they aren't in the news 50 times a year cheating, divorce, dying etc there is something "odd" going on. They know how to ignore it  but a child doesn't understand this trash reporting. It's sad that they have to teach their kids about tabloids & how to ignore what's on the magazines etc.

Tori's letter was so beautifully written & classy.  Granted, it won't change a thing. They will still report that crap.

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I'm so glad she stood up for herself, her marriage, and her kids and addressed this! I can't imagine my kids having to read that kind of rumor about our family :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Poor kid, WTG Tori.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Poor kid. That's sad :( But on another note..he DID cheat on his first wife with Tori, so you never know..Just sayin'

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Very true. I remember many years ago, when Ronald Reagan was President. He had been in the hospital, I believe for his yearly check up. Anyway, some moron was reporting that he was truly very sick, and Nancy Reagan just about chewed that reporter up and spit him out! She said it was pretty sad that they couldn't even watch tv in the President's hospital room, without some trash like that coming out. She said he looked at her in all seriousness and asked if there was something she wasn't telling him (there wasn't, it was a fabrication of an overzealous reporter's deluded mind). She reminded them that the people they report on watch the news, also, and in this case, with Tori and her precious little boy, read the rag sheets in the checkout line. Poor little guy. Tori handled this with such grace and class!

Quoting LadyOphelia:

I was late to the party! I was just going to post this, since I just read it.  :) 

Honestly, I never really thought of kids & how they can be affected by it. I forget there are celebs like Tori & Dean that parent their kids, take them shopping etc. It is sad because as adults they do know that if they aren't in the news 50 times a year cheating, divorce, dying etc there is something "odd" going on. They know how to ignore it  but a child doesn't understand this trash reporting. It's sad that they have to teach their kids about tabloids & how to ignore what's on the magazines etc.

Tori's letter was so beautifully written & classy.  Granted, it won't change a thing. They will still report that crap.

monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I'm glad she stuck up for her family..

Unfortunately, I'm sure this won't be the last of the rumors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I hope the best for the family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)