Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Watchdog group officials urge Oscars bosses to ban MacFarlane

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Officials at family watchdog group the Parents Television Council are petitioning Oscars bosses not to invite Seth Macfarlane back as host - because they didn't approve of his "anti-Semitic" and "sexist" humor.

The funnyman behind hit TV comedy shows American Dad and Family Guy has already tweeted he won't be back after hosting the big night last Sunday (24Feb13), but the PTC wants to make sure he's not even considered for future telecasts.

The watchdogs, who were offended by some of the entertainer's jokes about women, minorities, Christians and Jews during the Oscars, have posted a petition online in a bid let Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences bigwigs know exactly how they feel.

A spokesman for the PTC says, "Seth MacFarlane has built a career on programs that wallow in misogyny and anti-Semitism; jokes about violence against women, rape, paedophilia, incest, and bestiality; and even ridiculing children with disabilities.

"Knowing this, the Academy still chose to invite MacFarlane to host the 2013 Academy Awards."

MacFarlane gave the Oscars ratings a boost this year, but came under fire for his risque humor and gags, which included a song skit about the nominees who have gone topless for movie roles.

He also upset religious groups with a skit featuring Mark Wahlberg and his talking teddy bear character Ted, in which he suggested celebrities had to be Jewish to make it in Hollywood.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Well he has already said he wouldnt host again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

wow

BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Never heard of Family Watchdog..or this guy.

awilliamson
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not easily offended, so maybe that explains my feelings, but he targets ALL characteristics. He doesn't pick on one race, gender, religion, etc. He is a fair man, at least. I understand not wanting your kids exposed to some of his jokes, but that's your responsibility in deciding what they watch.
sara_7106
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Agree

Quoting awilliamson:

I'm not easily offended, so maybe that explains my feelings, but he targets ALL characteristics. He doesn't pick on one race, gender, religion, etc. He is a fair man, at least. I understand not wanting your kids exposed to some of his jokes, but that's your responsibility in deciding what they watch.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM

LOL. That group has no sense of humor.

I thought his "I saw your boobs" song was tacky but the rest of it was hilarious and typical. I watch "Family Guy" and laugh at every episode. If you haven't watched it, then you won't know who he is. But he's a nice guy who just has a far out sense of humor.

And he's cute.  :-)

mightymo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

they don't have to worry because he said he wouldnt do it again

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Good grief those people get pissed off about everything!

MommySally
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Why is everyone so damn sensative I mean really? I watched The Oscars just for Seth and I'm sure a lot of other people did too. Everyone in that room is an adult and should be able to take a joke.....and as for the boob song you showed your jugs in your movie so why in the hell can't someone sing about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Oh good grief

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN