Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Justin Bieber angers fans over concert lateness; Bieber says he's 'sorry for anyone upset'

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

By Andrea Reiher

Justin Bieber, who recently celebrated his 19th birthday in London, is still in the U.K. for the European leg of his "Believe" tour. And fans couldn't believe it Monday night (March 4) when the Biebs was reportedly two hours late going on stage. 

According to the AP, the concert at London's O2 Arena was supposed to start at 8:30 p.m., but did not appear on stage until almost 10:30, which reportedly breaks the venue's noise curfew and also caused problems for fans who needed to use public transportation to get home.

Concertgoer Wayne Parsonage tells the Telegraph that his daughter only got to see 25 minutes of the performance because they had to leave the venue before 11 p.m. to catch their train. He adds that he thought Bieber would make an official apology, but none came.

Louise Cooper, who took her 9-year-old daughter to the show as a present, tells the AP, "There were teenage girls crying outside. The ladies sitting with us had to leave after 20 minutes and they had spent [roughly $106] each on a ticket, which is really bad. 

And Tracy Wilson, who was at the show with her teenage daughter, says the lack of explanation is "disgusting."

Bieber has taken to Twitter to explain himself, writing, "Last night i was scheduled after 3 opening acts to go on stage at 935 not 830 but because of some technical issues i got on at 10:10..so... i was 40 min late to stage."

"There is no excuse for that and I apologize for anyone we upset. However it was great show and Im proud of that. and tonight we will run on time and look forward to putting on an amazing show for everyone in attendance. i never have any intent to upset or let anyone down. and Im not okay with things being exaggerated. once again sorry for anyone upset ... we have also made adjustments to the set times to have me go on earlier for the coming shows. see u there."

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsNewman
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

His grammer sucks. 

lanceandhailey
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

He looks a bit like a female in that photo...

Number1Chef
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I don't blame them for being mad

gmadiane
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM

thats awful, I know things can happen but people spend a lot of money and some of his fans are very young

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

He's a tool.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
He is on a slipperly slope as of lately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaysMom06
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Is it just me or does he look like a female in that pic? He needs to start looking more manly. He looks like a rich person that wants to look like they are from the ghetto. With some feminitiy thrown in for good measure.

Im also going to add that it would be good for him to learn that after punctuation you should always capitalize the next word. Getting into show biz must've stopped his edumication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)