Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Chef Robert Irvine is bringing "Restraunt Impossible" to my town, and filming at the restraunt my son works at! ETA-small update

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 45 Replies

He will be here this weekend, according to the paper. We already knew, our son told us, since he knows we are huge fans of his, and watch all his shows! Really hoping we are able to at least meet him, and get a pic, but no telling what all will be going on. We'd also love to see Tom Bury, his construction manager, and which ever one of his designers is with him. So excited!

3-7- Just a quick update. My son has been working with Robert for a couple days now. He says he really doesn't care much for him, but I told him he needs to realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Guess a 19 year old kid just can't see that. LOL. He signed a realease, and will be on tv! That's very exciting. They have blocked off the streets, and the film crew is here. Also, Robert brought in one of his sous chefs to help. And, there is a pod next to the restraunt, my son said it has the new stuff in it. We have reservations for re-launch night, which is pretty cool. Will update as more happens this weekend.

3-9-- We went by today, to get my debit card out of the car. They have several large tents set up. We did get to see Tom Bury (Robert's construction manager). He looks exactly like on tv, right down to his sunglasses on his head. LOL. My son said Robert's sous chef, Lee is really awesome. He cooked them all gourmet omelets for breakfast. He also said Robert's wife, Gail Kim is in town, and now it's obvious he's not here in east Texas by pure happenstance. His wife's league is having a big Pay Per View in San Antonio tomorrow night, and he is scheduled to leave early tomorrow, so they can get there in time. Makes a lot of sense, actually, I guess. So for now,that's all I know.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lydi
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome! I love that show and Robert Irvine.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Quoting lydi:

That is awesome! I love that show and Robert Irvine.

I know, same here. It is so exciting! Like I said, I really hope we at least get to meet him since our son works there.

jltplk25
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

How cool!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM
That is very cool. I watch that all the time. You are going to have to come back with a full report. And let us know when it is going to be on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I sure will. Should be a fun weekend.

Quoting MamaMandee:

That is very cool. I watch that all the time. You are going to have to come back with a full report. And let us know when it is going to be on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Cool!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM

fun

MrsBridges19
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

He lied on his resume.

ballerina.2006
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:24 AM
How cool!!! I love that show!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Love that show
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN