Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kourtney Kardashian May Never Marry Scott Disick & It's All Kim's Fault

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

Kourtney Kardashian May Never Marry Scott Disick & It's All Kim's Fault

by Maressa Brown

scott disick and kourtney kardashianWith Kim Kardashian being as famous as she is, we sometimes forget that Kourtney Kardashian is her older sister. The one you'd think would be calling the shots. And while she does sometimes, Kim might actually be the one (at least indirectly) leading the charge on matters near and dear to Kourt's heart. Like whether or not she's going to ever marry Scott Disick! Yep, Kim's the one keeping the happy parents of two from saying "I do."

At least that's what YourTango Expert Meri Arnett-Kremian believes. She thinks Kim's very public divorce and relationship drama may have taken a serious toll on Kourtney's own relationship.

Arnett-Kremian says:

When you’re close to a sibling, their divorce trauma is virtually certain to impact you. If you’re a public figure, when you see someone you're close to go through that, you're likely to decide to avoid that kind of publicity at all costs. Taken to extreme, that may include not marrying someone you love.

At first, it is a bit of a stretch. After all, I'd be more inclined to believe that if any Kardashian is to blame for Kourtney's resistance to wed, it's koo-koo momager Kris Jenner! Who, as soon as Scott popped the Q, would want to start working on a multimillion dollar biz deal for a TV special, or at the very least, a celeb mag exclusive feature. But then again, watching Kim's very public relationship roller coaster ride over the past year and a half had to be to Kourtney's already nonchalant views on marriage.

Being exposed to any toxic marital difficulties -- especially those suffered by really close loved ones -- can totally poison your perspective on it. I've always felt like people who were children of divorce (including my fiance) are usually more skeptical about long-term relationships and marriage than I am. (My parents' marriage is going on 37 years.) Similarly, seeing a best friend or a close sibling or anyone you love suffer through a painful divorce must give you the jitters about getting hitched.

That said, it's definitely sad to think witnessing a loved one's misfortune could prevent someone from taking a leap that may be perfectly right for them. Everyone's relationship is different.

In other words, yes, Kim's marriage to Kris failed, and she's got a world of crazy on her hands right now between divorce court proceedings and her pregnancy. But that really doesn't have much of anything to do with Kourtney and Scott's relationship. If Kourt believes it's right, she should let go of any negativity related to Kim (OR Kris, for that matter) ... and finally let Mason and Penelope's daddy put a ring on it!

Do you think Kim's divorce could be holding Kourtney and Scott back? Have your loved ones' relationships influenced your views on marriage?

Image via E!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:34 AM
I wouldn't marry him either...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Oh goodness. Is he wearing pink boxers or pink shorts? There is too much pink going on there. lol. I don't believe Kim's divorce is holding them back to be honest..I think they have personal issues beyond Kim's divorce to work out amongst themselves

KaysMom06
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I thought Scott was a douche?

dawnie1
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Well isn't he?

Quoting KaysMom06:

KaysMom06
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Thats what I heard. I dont watch the Kardashians. Maybe shes just not marrying him because she doesnt want him taking all her money in a divorce?

Quoting dawnie1:

Well isn't he?

Quoting KaysMom06:

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Other then hes been trying to get her to marry him since long before kim got married...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I dont blame Kim, they both have some serious issues that needs to be fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I don't necessarily think Kim is influencing Kourtney's decision.  I've watched them on and off and Kourtney has addressed the marriage issue before and more than once.  She's always stated - even long before Kim got married to Kris Humphries - that she didn't feel the need to get married and that she didn't need a legal document to validate her relationship.  She feels like if it works, then it works.

Number1Chef
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I think she said once she doesn't want to end up like her parents

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Yup! That is the divorce that effected her, not Kim's.

Quoting Number1Chef:

I think she said once she doesn't want to end up like her parents

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN