Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving 'The View'? Us Weekly Reports Co-Host Is Being Ousted

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 21 Replies

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving 'The View'? Us Weekly Reports Co-Host Is Being Ousted

The Huffington Post | By Posted: 03/08/2013 2:39 pm EST | Updated: 03/08/2013 10:09 pm EST

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being fired from "The View," according to Us Weekly.

Quoting anonymous sources, the magazine reported Friday that the conservative co-host is following Joy Behar out the door after market researchers found that her political views were clashing with the audience. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed," a source told Us Weekly.

That report followed a Deadline piece which said that her future on the ABC show was "unclear."

Following Us Weekly's report, TV Newser posted a similar story. The site's Alex Weprin cited two sources who said Hasselbeck was leaving. A spokesman for the show told Weprin that Hasselbeck has a "long-term contract."

If Hasselbeck's conservatism is a problem with audiences, it would appear to be a relatively new one; she has been on the show for nearly ten years, and "The View" has maintained its ratings success.

Hasselbeck's departure would mean that "The View" is suddenly without two of its longest-running hosts. The show has had the same cast since 2007, when it brought in Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd to replace Rosie O'Donnell and Star Jones. Hasselbeck's exit would also leave the show without one of its main sources of conflict; her political arguments with Goldberg and Behar - and, before them, O'Donnell - have long been a key feature.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont like her the only reason I ever watch is Whoopi

.Bubbles.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This really doesn't make sense. They usually have at least 2 liberal leaning hosts, Barbara stays out of things, Shari is kind of middle of the road, and Elisabeth is conservative. Wasn't that the point? If she is leaving I doubt it is because of her political views.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by Shayna on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I don't watch, which one is she?

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
The young blonde one.

Quoting MrsNewman:

I don't watch, which one is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Have always found it funny that she actually got her start on the reality TV show Survivor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM

The View is strongly about others opinions. The show will be boring now without Joy or Elisabeth.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

That's too bad. She was the ONLY bright spot in a vulgar, disgusting liberal mutual admiration society. I never really ever watched it, mainly because IF they let her talk, after 2 words, the liberals would muscle in and shut her up. I'm glad she's not going to be subjected to that anymore.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Have always found it funny that she actually got her start on the reality TV show Survivor.

I know! To be honest, the season she was on, season 2 in the Australian outback is my all time favorite. I think because of her, and Colby and the others who were so great. Poor Michael Skupin, though was such a bad thing to have happen.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I still to this day have to look away whenever they show him falling in the fire. Colby is such a cutie. I got to meet Tina 2 years ago at one of the reality events I go to and she is exactlly what you would expect, a total sweetheart.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quoting MamaMandee:

I know! To be honest, the season she was on, season 2 in the Australian outback is my all time favorite. I think because of her, and Colby and the others who were so great. Poor Michael Skupin, though was such a bad thing to have happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I know. It is still hard to watch. I was so glad to see him on the last one. Too bad he didn't win. I love Colby, he is a doll. I had a feeling Tina would be really sweet. She always came off that way on the show. It's cool you got to meet her!

Quoting MamaMandee:

I still to this day have to look away whenever they show him falling in the fire. Colby is such a cutie. I got to meet Tina 2 years ago at one of the reality events I go to and she is exactlly what you would expect, a total sweetheart.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)