Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Carnie Wilson Is Suffering From Bell's Palsy

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

by 

Some sad health news has been revealed by singer Carnie Wilson.

The former member of music group Wilson Phillips has announced on Twitter that she is suffering from Bell's Palsy. 

On March 14, Carnie tweeted: 

Just wanted you all 2 know that I have Bell's Palsy on lf side of face right now. Scary, unfortunate, but it goes away. A challenge! Love u.

Carnie goes on to say that she is treating it with acupuncture, which seems to be working for now. 

Bell's palsy is a form of paralysis that causes an inability to control facial muscles on one side of your face.

The ailment typically goes away within a month or two, and Carnie is hoping it's gone soon.

Carnie, who is 44, is a mother of two children with husband Rob. In addition to her music career, she has appeared on TV shows like That '70s Show and Celebrity Wife Swap.

We're wishing her a speedy recovery!

Source: Twitter 

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Scary, I hope it does go away soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyPondOasis
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I hope it goes away too for her. 

Always liked her personality -- she was funny when searching for a new house with her Mom who is a real estate agent. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM

My sister's friend had Bell's Palsy in high school, but hers lasted for a long time.  Hopefully hers goes away quickly.

gmadiane
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM

hope she is better soon

MrsNewman
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That's to bad. I have a friend that had a case with her last pregnancy and ever since then when she gets to stressed it starts up again. :( 

sara_7106
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Scary
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I hope the acupuncture helps her...this is sad. All the health related issues with celebs is sad lately and disturbing..

AmandaMichele
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I had Bell's Palsy in High school. It lasted about 6 weeks. It sucks but as long as they catch it early there shouldn't be any lasting side effects. All I have is a slight lazy eye but you can only tell when I am really tired. I can see it in pictures but no one else notices.

pbjtime87
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM
It happened to me on the day before my son was born. It was brought on by the eclampsia. I didn't receive any physical therapy or acupuncture after 6 months the Bell's palsy regressed and now my face is only affected by 5ish percent. It sucks but its possible for the function to come back. I hope she gets the same results I did
monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
How scary!

Hope she gets better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN