Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Ryan Gosling Taking Break From Acting: I Need to "Reassess"

Posted by   + Show Post

by 

This is news that might make you cry almost as much as you did duringThe Notebook.

Ryan Gosling, who recently starred in Gangster Squad and is the dreamiest of dreamy dreamboats, is planning a hiatus from Hollywood, according to the Associated Press.

"I've been doing it too much," the 32-year-old actor says about making films. "I've lost perspective on what I'm doing.

Ryan Gosling

"I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it," The Gos continues. "And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that."

Ryan is apparently convinced that we want a break from his as well — which could hardly be further from the truth.

"I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does," he says.  

It also doesn't sound like Ryan enjoys playing the main character in a big-budget Hollywood film.

"There's a lot of pressure to be the lead of a film," Ry-Ry acknowledges. "I have done it. It's not my favorite way to work." 

We understand that everyone needs a break from time to time, but the idea without Ryan Gosling to stare at is not a pleasant thought.

Sounds like we may have to pass the time during his hiatus by rewatching our DVD of The Notebook for the 12 millionth time. As if that's a bad thing.

Source: Associated Press 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-13):
lga1965
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Awwww, I really like him. He seems to be too intelligent to be in Show Biz.

I cried so hard while watching The Notebook, I was a wreck.

He was great in "Crazy Stupid Love".

jltplk25
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Good for him!

KelliansMom
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Breaker high and young Hercules is when I fell for him lol.

Quoting JLCrunch:

I was watching Goosebumps Say Cheese and Die last week and nearly fell over when I realized he was the main character. As have many other women, I've had a thing for him since The Notebook.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN