Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Twilight's Ashley Greene Inconsolable, Cradles Dead Dog After Fire

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

by 

Our hearts are breaking for Ashley Greene.

The Twilight actress's apartment went up in flames, with one of her two dogs dying in the blaze, and now Ashley is understandably distraught, according to TMZ.

The 26-year-old actress and her boyfriend and brother were both sleeping when the fire broke out by the living room couch, and they were lucky enough to escape safely.

The fire was reportedly started by an unattended candle.

However, rescuers were unable to rescue one her fox terriers, who died under the bed.

Apparently, the firefighters gave Ashley the dog's body wrapped in a sheet, and she has been holding it.

Our thoughts are with Ashley, and we're wishing her all the best.

Source: TMZ 

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Bubbles.
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
So sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nurse-mommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
:(
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Very sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Aww. That is sad. Growing up, I had the same dog for 15 years, mom got him for me when I was 5. It was always just mom, me and Skippy. I got married and moved out in 1982, and left him with her so she'd not be lonely. Sadly, her house burned in 1983, and we lost him, just 1 week before he would have turned 15. She lost everything in the fire, but what hurt the most was losing Skippy. I can sympathize totally with this young woman. Since we'd had him so long, may sound silly, but it was like losing my little brother. 

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM
OMG, this is so sad!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
How sad. After my dad passed I took his dog, she was very old & I had grew up with her. About a year after my dad passed the dog did & it hurt so bad. It too was like losing a sister & my dad again :(

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Aww. That is sad. Growing up, I had the same dog for 15 years, mom got him for me when I was 5. It was always just mom, me and Skippy. I got married and moved out in 1982, and left him with her so she'd not be lonely. Sadly, her house burned in 1983, and we lost him, just 1 week before he would have turned 15. She lost everything in the fire, but what hurt the most was losing Skippy. I can sympathize totally with this young woman. Since we'd had him so long, may sound silly, but it was like losing my little brother. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. Well, at least your dad's dog was able to pass with someone she knew loved her. I know it meant the world to both of them you took such good care of the dog.

Quoting MamaMandee:

How sad. After my dad passed I took his dog, she was very old & I had grew up with her. About a year after my dad passed the dog did & it hurt so bad. It too was like losing a sister & my dad again :(

Quoting cbk_mom3:

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)