Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kristen Bell’s Baby Bump Gets a Loving Rub From Dax Shepard’s Dying Father in Touching Photo

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

by 

Credit: Tumblr

Photo: Dax Shepard's Father Touches Kristen Bell's Baby Bump

Dax Shepard’s father Dave passed away in late December of last year after a battle with cancer, but before he quietly slipped away, he was able to meet with Dax and fiancée Kristen Bell’s unborn child — the incredibly touching moment was captured in the photo above.

Dax’s most recent post on his rather sparse blog Don’t Try recounted some of the better times he spent with his father leading up to his passing, including the surprise visit from Dax’s fiancée Kristen Bell — whom he curiously referred to as his wife in the post — when the photo was taken of Dave’s hand resting peacefully on Kristen’s bare baby bump.

The 38-year-old Parenthood actor has been dating the 32-year-old House of Lies actress since late 2007. The couple announced their engagement two years later, but have postponed their wedding thus far as they wait forgay marriage to be legal in every state. Kristen officially announced her pregnancy to People in November of last year, and although she is expected to give birth at the end of spring, an official due date has not been released.

Dax’s blog post with the very tongue-in-cheek title “My Father’s Horniness” revealed Kristen’s surprise visit at the hospital where he was visiting his father:

At one point, and unbeknownst to both of us, my wife walked into the room. She had flown in from LA without any warning. It was a surprise. It was an amazing, incredible, perfectly timed surprise. She lifted her shirt up and he put his hand on her swollen stomach. He left it there for the better part of an hour. He was smiling from ear to ear, sitting contently, unable to put together a sentence, but still capable of connecting to the new family member we were creating. He wasn’t going to make it to the birth, but that didn’t get in the way of him meeting the new baby. It was an emotional and triumphant moment. One I will never forget. If I live to be a thousand, I will still be in debt to my wife for giving him that one last thrill.

We are so emotional right now looking at this photo, and although Dax’s father wasn’t able to make it to the baby’s birth, we are happy that he was at least able to connect with his unborn grandbaby.

Source: Don’t Try 

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Bittersweet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
So beautiful & touching!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
So sweet and sad
toybar02
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Thats a beautiful picture, I hope they show the baby so he/she knows grandpa loved her/him. Its so sad he didnt live to see his grandbaby
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

ah how sweet

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
How beautiful!
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM

sad 

bklynmom5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Made me cry

monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
How sad :(
Number1Chef
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

how beautiful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)