Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tim McGraw: Taylor Swift Is Changing The History of Music

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

by 

Maybe it’s the song she wrote, but when we think of Tim McGraw, we always think of Taylor Swift (see, Tay, we can take instructions!). You know, “When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you’ll think of me”? Turns out, Tim also thinks about Taylor. In a recent Associated Press interview, Tim discussed his career, singing abroad, and (most interesting to us) his view on Taylor Swift as a musician.

“She’s great. You know, I’ve been a fan of Taylor so long...” Tim gushes. “She actually toured with Faith and I for our Soul to Soul tour a few years ago.” Oh man, we would’ve killed to be in the audience for that. It’s funny to think of the three of them together, considering all the rumors abound that three of the main characters on Nashville may have been inspired by the trio — Deacon (Charles Esten) has some similarities to Tim, Juliette(Hayden Panettiere) displays some of Taylor’s most obvious attributes, and Rayna’s (Connie Britton) look was admittedly based on Faith Hill’s.

As for how Tim feels about Taylor’s enviable career, he couldn’t say anything nicer. “[Y]ou know she’s one of those rare artists that come along that there’s only been a handful of throughout the history of music, who creates such a weight behind her, pulls so many people into what her music is about that they discover so many different artists because of what she does. She’s just a really special, special artist.”

Take that, haters.

Source: Associated Press

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I like her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Michael jackson, Whitney , Luther , elvis were the greatest singers. Music today dont appeal to me. Corny
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Love her
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I like her..I don't care if she crosses over to pop-she's respectable in the way she dresses and she has class...if you consider the other options for girls out there..Nicki M. is one of them :/

lydi
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

dont like her at all or her music

theresaphilly
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I don't like her or her dumb kiddie music. 

theresaphilly
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quoting hopealways4019:

Michael jackson, Whitney , Luther , elvis were the greatest singers. Music today dont appeal to me. Corny

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I agree. I'm not a fan of her music, but I respect her as a celebrity. There are few girls out there that try to act like respectable human beings. Nikki M. is most definitely NOT someone worth looking up to.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I like her..I don't care if she crosses over to pop-she's respectable in the way she dresses and she has class...if you consider the other options for girls out there..Nicki M. is one of them :/

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

thingz123
by Cheryl on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I like her. Don't understand what is going on with her love life, but it's none of my business, anyway, LOL. She is a bit adolescent, but it doesn't bug me.  As she gets older, I'm sure her music will change to fit how her life changes.

She may have dated a bunch of guys, but I have never gotten a skanky (read Rihanna)  vibe from her. I honestly think that she's doing the stuff she didn't get to do in her teenage years-dating lots of cute boys, being petulant when you break up with them, LOL. It's just kinda Michael Jacksonesque-doing stuff you didn't get to do when you were younger, for whatever reason.

I like her music, and she isn't the kind of artist that you hate your kids to listen to or look at. She's not stumbling around looking like she's in a drug induced haze, cursing or participating in masochistic relationships. She respects herself, and she's talented.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)