Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Wrestling Star Ric Flair's 25-Year-Old Son Found Dead in Hotel Room

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

by 

Very sad news as another person involved with professional wrestling has died much too young.

Reid Flair, the 25-year-old son of wrestling legend Ric Flair, was found dead in a hotel room on the morning of March 29 in Charlotte, North Carolina, according to WB TV.

Reid was born with the name Richard Reid Fliehr but wrestled with the last name of "Flair," as his father had. 

"We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013, in Charlotte, NC," says Ric's agent.

"The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing," the agent continues. "Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler." 

"No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing, and they do request privacy during this devastating time," adds the agent.

Reid had been following in his father's wrestling footsteps and had been wrestling in Japan for All Japan Pro-Wrestling. 

Reid's father, Ric, has had a long career as a wrestler, including his heyday in the '80s and '90s with WWF and WCW. 

In Reid's final tweet, written on March 28, he mentioned having two wrestling matches this weekend and seemed optimistic about the future.

"Good #wrestling and even better times ahead," he wrote.

Reid has had issues with heroin in the past and was arrested for possession in 2009. 

Reid's tragic fate continues a trend of professional wrestlers dying at young ages.

Our thoughts are with Reid's family and loved ones during this very painful time. 

Sources: TMZWB TVUSA Today 

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsBridges19
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

This is just sad.  My heart breaks for Ric.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Oh how sad. Poor Ric. I can remember when Reid was a little guy, going to the ring with his dad. My thoughts and prayers are with the Nature Boy and his family.

MommySally
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
So so sad. I remember seeing him with Ric and he looked like he was such a great daddy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM
So sad :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by Jessica on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM
So sad. =(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Thats to bad. 

jltplk25
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM

:(

gmadiane
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

sad

shorty13417
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN