Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Madonna's homeless brother Anthony Ciccone says billionaire sister doesn't care if he dies

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

By Molly Chance, Zap2It

Madonna's older brother lives on the streets in Traverse City, Mich. and claims his billionaire sister "doesn't give a s*** if I'm dead or alive." Anthony Ciccone has been homeless for nearly two years after losing his job at the family's winery.

"I'm a zero in their eyes; a non-person, an embarrassment," says Ciccone of his family. "If I froze to death, my family probably wouldn't know or care about it for six months." Though he admits to the Daily Mail Madonna paid for him to have a two-month rehab stint in Texas six years back. Ciccone has undergone treatment for alcoholism on multiple occasions, but proudly recalls a time he smoked a joint with his superstar sister, Mick JaggerDavid Bowie and Iggy Pop.

Ciccone claims he's not out for Madonna's money, but instead wants something more personal from his younger sibling. "My sister's a multi-millionaire but she earned it," he says. "I have to give her credit for that. But you'd think there'd be some more family loyalty, and that's not the case." So, what does he want? "Just to communicate would be nice."

Ciccone says the last time he saw his sister she was stepping out of a limousine at a premiere, as he joined a crowd of onlookers then spent the night with vagrants. Meanwhile Madonna's MDNA tour recently pushed her bank account over the line into billionaire status.

The estranged siblings' father, Tony Ciccone, Sr., has offered to give Anthony his job back if he will seek professional help, but so far he has refused, saying "My family seem to think rehab is some kind of magic panacea for life's ills." 

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Hmmm I would feel more sorry for him if he was making an effort to better himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM

If he can get his job back he should, but I dont think I could be rich and just not help, just not my style

LilyPondOasis
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

He has really aged if that is him. He must be a half brother.  According to an article he is 55.

I only knew of her brother Christopher! 

Here is a photo of Madonna and her family:

Family ties: The Ciccone clan pictured at a family reunion in 1986. From left: Anthony, then 30, Jennifer, 18, Paula, 27, Christopher, 26, Madonna, 28, Mario, 17, Melanie, 24 and Martin, 29

Family ties: The Ciccone clan pictured at a family reunion in 1986. From left: Anthony, then 30, Jennifer, 18, Paula, 27, Christopher, 26, Madonna, 28, Mario, 17, Melanie, 24 and Martin, 29

LilyPondOasis
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Maybe he will change his ways just to get a job back at the family winery.

I think I would still help if he were making that effort. 

MrsNewman
by Shayna on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM

That's sad. 

BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

You can't change if your not willing to help yourself.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
She probably won't give him money because of how he would use it! I could have billions but if my brother was going to use it to get high and destroy himself, then not a penny! She offered to pay for him to get help, that's not uncaring, that's not helping the man to kill himself!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifftorres
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

That is very sad. I understand what it is like not wanting to give a family member with an addiction any money. Cause that will go straight to drugs/alcohol. But she could pay for a small apartment for him.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
If he's not going to try and make effort to clean up and take the help that is being offer then y should she it sad I couldn't let anyone in family live in the street if I had that kinda I couldn't do it even if I didn't have that kinda money
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

This

Quoting MamaMandee:

Hmmm I would feel more sorry for him if he was making an effort to better himself.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)