Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'BUCKWILD' CITY MAYOR CANCEL THE SHOW

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

The Mayor of Charleston, West Virginia -- where "Buckwild" is filmed -- says he hopes MTV will pull the plug on the controversial show after one of its stars, Shain Gandeewas found dead today

Mayor Danny Jones tells TMZ ... “Of the few cast members on the show already two have had legal issues and now one has died.  The show only enhances the negative stereotype the Kanawha Valley already has. I hope the show’s life is short.” 

The show has been surrounded by controversy from the beginning ... you'll recall, back in December WV Senator Joe Manchin blasted the show as a "travesty" that profits off of shameful behavior and urged MTV to cancel it even before it aired.  

Adding to the problem ... two "Buckwild" were recently arrested for separate incidents -- Salwa Amin and Michael Burford. Amin in connection with a drug raid and Burford on suspicion of DUI

As TMZ previously reported ... 21-year-old cast member Shain Gandee was found dead earlier this morning -- along with his uncle and one unidentified passenger -- inside a Ford Bronco, in Sissonville, WV.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/01/buckwild-shain-gandee-death-mayor-cancel-the-show/#ixzz2PFOClP00 

Thoughts? Do you think they should cancel the show?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Perhaps but I doubt they will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2sqgl
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
The thing is they would be doing this stuff anyway. its why they were chosen to be filmed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Ehhh but drugs weren't really a focal point of the show, and really, neither was Salwa.

The DUI...how many other people get DUIs every day? A ton!

I would think the mayor would use this opportunity to show the dangers of some of these "backwoods" activities. I hope they don't pull the plug on the show. Sounds kinda corny but I kinda want to see how they honor Shain's memory. I really liked him on the show :(
MrsNewman
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I agree.

Quoting spooky415:

Ehhh but drugs weren't really a focal point of the show, and really, neither was Salwa.

I would think the mayor would use this opportunity to show the dangers of some of these "backwoods" activities. I hope they don't pull the plug on the show. Sounds kinda corny but I kinda want to see how they honor Shain's memory. I really liked him on the show :(

gmadiane
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I have never seen the show

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I couldn't agree more.  They didn't die because of the show.

Quoting spooky415:

surromama
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My 15 year old daughter was heartbroken when she heard he had died. I never heard of the show, but she took it pretty hard. She doesn't want it canceled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM

It's very sad what happened. Idk maybe the mayor cares about his town and doesn't want it known by the behaviour being demonstrated by these kids (salwa)

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:47 AM
I would take a look at it if I were you. Not something I'd let my 15 year old watch, personally.

Quoting surromama:

My 15 year old daughter was heartbroken when she heard he had died. I never heard of the show, but she took it pretty hard. She doesn't want it canceled.
surromama
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:58 AM
She doesn't like tv and never watches anything at home. She was watching at her friends house. I didn't hear about it until yesterday.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I would take a look at it if I were you. Not something I'd let my 15 year old watch, personally.

Quoting surromama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN