Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Boy Band Come Backs

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

Link to New KIds On The Block performance aired this morning on The View:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0QDTvOFbxs

This morning while I was doing house work I had TV on and the New Kids On The Block performed on some show, I think it was The Veiw, I had it on for background noise, Whoopie and Joy annoy the piss out of me and the guest usually suck, but you know. So I had to look...I mean I was never a boy band type of girl or fan. Not back in the day and not now but I had to see what the new presentation was going to be like.

There they were, singing a typical boy band pop song that echoed feelings of juvinile desire along with a lot of "Yah Gilr!" action going on. The choreography was also unaltered. The same type of personality highlighting routine from the 80's, but very strange. Like an above average looking version of Bob from accounting and that annoying 35 year old guy still living with his parents next door always trying to get in to your pants decided to bust a move in fasionably updated business atire. At one point I was sure one of them was going to pull his back out while atempting to do a spin that quickly went in to a wobbled dip where he caught hin self just in the knick of time.

I thought maybe this was just them touring, you know for old time sake. Then it was anounced that every one in the audience would be going home with a copy of their newly released CD!!...What? I wondered why any previously successful boy band would do this to them selves? I love music, it's a very important part of my life. An artist has the need to express themself, bleieve me I fully understand that personally, but why do we have to see the slow and painful decline, when we remember the star that burned beautiful and bright for a while, then left fans wanting more. I know boy bands aren't the only culprit either. I could have lived a life time with out ever seeing late 60s something Mick Jaggar trotting around in his spandex covered tooth pick legs and midrift sweat shirts. It's just that boy bands are always more beauty than substance so where as I can see other bands writing new material and perfoming until they can't phically play any more if they chose to, I just don't get it with the boy bands.

Do you think there is a time when boy bands should call it quits and move on like Justin Timberlake has done so beautifully or should they try to recapture the magic until they stop selling tickets all together.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
NKOTB have been touring for a few years now & still have a ton of fans. I know they do a fan curise every year too (I have a friend that is a huge fan). I know the Backstreet Boys & 98 degrees are working on new albums too. I say as long as they have fans that support & want to see them, they should go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

i think they will always have fans due to nostalgia, I know my dd would love to see back street boys

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I agree.

Quoting MamaMandee:

NKOTB have been touring for a few years now & still have a ton of fans. I know they do a fan curise every year too (I have a friend that is a huge fan). I know the Backstreet Boys & 98 degrees are working on new albums too. I say as long as they have fans that support & want to see them, they should go for it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Me too.

Quoting sara_7106:

I agree.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Aren't 98 degrees gonna be touring this summer with Boyz II Men and NKOTB?  I thought it was like some huge deal because NKTOB was touring with BSB.  They were called NKOTBSB or something crazy.  Haha.  I <3 BSB

Quoting MamaMandee:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Yup they are. I posted something about it awhile back.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Aren't 98 degrees gonna be touring this summer with Boyz II Men and NKOTB?  I thought it was like some huge deal because NKTOB was touring with BSB.  They were called NKOTBSB or something crazy.  Haha.  I <3 BSB

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Lol! Eh, I don't know. It's not any skin off my nose.

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM

as along as they have fans boys band will always be around. i actaully like one of the NKOTB song.

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I've always been a BSB fan : ) Lol

tifftorres
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I think they will always have fans. I am sure if  they come somewhere close my BFF will make me go with her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)