Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Tom Arnold and Wife Welcome Baby Boy — He's a First-Time Dad!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

by 

It's no lie: Tom Arnold is finally dad!

The 54-year-old True Lies star and wife Ashley Groussman welcomed a baby boy on April 6, according to People.

The boy, named Jax Copeland Arnold, is not only the couple's first child but also Tom's first child ever. 

“We are still in a bit of shock,” the parents reveal. “It has been a long journey, and the healthy birth of our son is a miracle.” 

Tom married Ashley in 2009, which is his fourth marriage.

He has been open about the fact that he's had trouble conceiving in the past with other women due to his "very low sperm count."

"I didn’t think it was in the cards for me, I’ll be honest, and so I was completely shocked,” Tom said when the couple announced their pregnancy in January. “It’s a miracle.”

“I’ve tried with other people, but since there is a God, we were unable to conceive," Tom had joked. "Now God said, ‘This is it!’” 

This is such good news, and we're so happy that Tom finally has a chance to raise a child.

Tom — who was previously married to Roseanne — appeared in the 2012 movie Hit and Run with Kristen Bell and is also known for The Best Damn Sports Show Period.

Congrats to the happy family!

Source: People 

Credit: Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

That's nice!

Number1Chef
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

awesome

colins_mom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
cool
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Congrats =)

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Yay! :)

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Well, I'm happy for him! My DH had Rheumatic fever as a child, and was told he'd probably never have kids. So, he was perfectly happy to help me raise my 2 by my 1st marriage. We never used any type of contraception, figuring we never had to. And, 5 years into our marriage, we were shocked and thrilled to find out we were pregnant, against all odds! Our son was born the day before DH's 40th birthday. So, after waiting 40 years for the baby he thought he'd never have, he got a son the day before his 40th. As long as they are breathing, there's always a chance. Wishing Tom and his wife and their precious little one all the best!

gmadiane
by Diane on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM

nice

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Aww that is awesome!

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Well, I'm happy for him! My DH had Rheumatic fever as a child, and was told he'd probably never have kids. So, he was perfectly happy to help me raise my 2 by my 1st marriage. We never used any type of contraception, figuring we never had to. And, 5 years into our marriage, we were shocked and thrilled to find out we were pregnant, against all odds! Our son was born the day before DH's 40th birthday. So, after waiting 40 years for the baby he thought he'd never have, he got a son the day before his 40th. As long as they are breathing, there's always a chance. Wishing Tom and his wife and their precious little one all the best!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It was. That's why I'm so happy for someone like Tom. 

Quoting MamaMandee:

Aww that is awesome!

Quoting cbk_mom3:

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM

sweet and i like the name because that's my son's name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)