Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kristen Stewart Doesn't Want to Work With Will Smith Because He's Too Old

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

True story -- Kristen Stewart allegedly dropped out of an upcoming film project by the name of "Focus" because when Ben Affleck -- 40 -- left the movie, and Will Smith -- 44 -- had his name thrown into the ring for the lead male, Kristen decided that 44 was just too much to her young, tender 22 years of age. 

From Variety

Will Smith may have found his next project — he is in final talks to star in the Warner Bros. con artist pic “Focus.” Kristen Stewart was attached to also star in the pic but when Smith became engaged in the project, Stewart fell off with the feeling that the age difference between the two would be too large a gap. 

Smith had been weighing the film for some time and has committed to joining it.

Written and directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, who helmed “Crazy, Stupid, Love” for the studio, the story follows an inexperienced female con artist who teams up with a more seasoned male one. Denise DiNovi will produce.
 It’s a sign of positive forward movement for Warners, which has been trying to get the project made since Ficarra and Requa brought them the script early last year. 

The original idea was to reteam “Crazy Stupid Love” co-stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone for the leads, but when Gosling’s schedule could not be worked out, Warners began looking at other candidates.
 Sources say the studio loves the script but knew it would be tough to greenlight without a top-tier actor, so it began courting leads such as Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck. Affleck came close but earlier commitments got in the way.

So, wait. ... Did no on ever tell Kristen that Rupert Sanders (you know, the guy she basically had sex with in public during daylight hours) is 42 years old? No? 

Time to clue us in, here, girl. Clock's ticking. 

--Sarah Taylor, TooFab

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
harrypottermom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I hope this is just a rumor but if not, its just another reason why I can't stand her LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
surromama
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Yeah, lets hear her say that's the reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
It was because of the character she was suppose to play, and the scandal she had. It had nothing to do with the other actors.
MrsNewman
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

odd.

harrypottermom
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

That makes sense

Quoting PinkParadox:

It was because of the character she was suppose to play, and the scandal she had. It had nothing to do with the other actors.

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting PinkParadox:

thingz123
by Cheryl on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I would want to hear that information come directly out of her mouth. I wouldn't want to work with him, either, and his age has nothing to do with it. I've always had the impression that he has a really large ego, which is. not. attractive.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Affleck is only 4 yrs younger than Smith...
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)