Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Splash Star Nicole Eggert Rushed to Hospital After Botched Dive

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

by 

Don't try this at home.

Splash star Nicole Eggert has been hospitalized after a backwards move off of the high dive went awry, according to TMZ.

The 41-year-old former Baywatch star was apparently attempting a dive that involved several backflips when something went wrong.

Nicole ended up falling into the water back first, and she apparently hit the water's surface extremely hard.

EMTs immediately pulled her out of the pool, and she was taken to the hospital.

According to sources, Nicole didn't break anything, but she's getting tests done to make sure she didn't suffer any internal damage. Her kidneys are especially being closely examined.

Nicole started her career with a recurring role on Charles in Chargebefore starring on Baywatch in Seasons 3 and 4. She has since appeared on Boy Meets World and Celebrity Fit Club.

This is yet another sign that diving isn't always great for your health.Chelsea Lately star Chuy Bravo had to pull out of the competition due to a fractured heel suffered during diving practice, while Katherine Webb dropped out this week following a back injury.

We're wishing Nicole all the best as she continues to recover. Stay safe, Nicole!

Source: TMZ 

Photo Credit: NBC

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harrypottermom
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM

The show seems dangerous to me, I mean these olympic divers have been doing dives for years not weeks

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM
That was my very 1st thought when I 1st heard about the show.

Quoting harrypottermom:

The show seems dangerous to me, I mean these olympic divers have been doing dives for years not weeks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thingz123
by Cheryl on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

You know, it seems like we are really not happy unless we see celebrities trying to kill themselves, LOL.That could be said for DWTS, too. Anybody remember that Skating With the Stars show they used to have with Kristy Swanson and Lloyd What's His Face on it? Can't think of his last name, but he was a pro skater, and there was a big brouhaha over him leaving the woman he was married to at the time to be with Kristy, whom he has since married. We just like to see famous people in peril for some sadistic reason. Wasn't there also some show about stars doing circus acts?

Peachy34500
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM
That show is scary. I can't believe they let them do all these crazy dives with such little training!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM
This is a dumb show for many reasons.... This is obviously the main one. These tv personalities are good at what they do or did do on television, diving wasn't never on their résumé.

Learning to dance in a shimmery dress or learning to do " the lift" is one thing. However training for high diving can't just be done in a month, it takes years and years of practice.

Make them dance, lose wieght, rehab, bowl , date, heck! Instuctor Tandem skydiving if you want.... But putting an inexperienced tv personality in a dangerous sport like high diving is just piss poor judgement. ( Just as "reality shows " that glorify poor choices that regular people make).
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

This is a dumb show for many reasons.... This is obviously the main one. These tv personalities are good at what they do or did do on television, diving wasn't never on their résumé.

Learning to dance in a shimmery dress or learning to do " the lift" is one thing. However training for high diving can't just be done in a month, it takes years and years of practice.

Make them dance, lose wieght, rehab, bowl , date, heck! Instuctor Tandem skydiving if you want.... But putting an inexperienced tv personality in a dangerous sport like high diving is just piss poor judgement. ( Just as "reality shows " that glorify poor choices that regular people make).
ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
The dives are dangerous even for experienced divers. I dove in highschool. The one thing they never should've done is the 10m. Dh calculated the force Louie hit with and omg if he had landed wrong he wouldve broke multiple bones or died. Kareem got super lucky after his dive.

They have gone through extensive training and they utilize the harnass system and trampoline and fortunately they do platform instead of springboard and no approach. So there are plenty of safety techniques in place but nothing changes long term experience and training.

I still love the show!

Quoting harrypottermom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM

WOW!!! I wonder if they will cancel the show due to too many of these stars getting hurt?? I am willing to bet they all had to sign release forms so they can't hold anyone responsible if they get hurt while practicing/doing the actual show. I do agree that its pretty stupid to have these stars attempting dives that professional divers have practiced for YEARS to do!! Even the professionals sometimes get injured!! Remember years ago when Greg Louganus banged his head against the diving platform and was bleeding pretty good??? What will they think of next??? Letting stars drive race cars??? smh

I do sincerely HOPE Nicole is ALRIGHT!!

sara_7106
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I agree

Quoting hollydaze1974:

MrsNewman
by Shayna on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Ouch. I hope everything is okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)