Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kris Humphries Friend Reveals The REAL Reason He Settled — Exclusive!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

by 

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are no longer man and wife, but after 18 months of legal back-and-forth, we still have plenty of burning questions. Perhaps the biggest is this: what happened to make Kris change his mind?

After all, the primary reason this went on for so long was becauseKris wanted an annulment, not a divorce. However, a friend of Kris’s explains why he finally agreed to settle the case.

"At the end of the day, Kris is truly a good guy. Yes, he was angry at Kim for the way their marriage ended and he truly DID feel defrauded by her and the show. But lately, especially in recent weeks, he just feels sorry for her.  She's pregnant and obviously under a lot of stress. He didn't want to be part of it any more.”

Regarding reports that Kris wanted Kim’s money, the friend shot that claim right out of the water. “This was never about the money for Kris. He has plenty. It was about clearing his name. But I think he finally realized enough damage has been done on both sides and it was time to end the situation once and for all.”

It’s never easy splitting up, even without the complicated circumstances surrounding this particular dissolution. We’re just glad both parties eventually came out relatively unscathed in the end.

Reporting by Beth Sobol

Credit: Donald Bowers/Getty Images

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annettey19
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'm just glad to hear it's over! Even though the fact that she got married before she was ready was stupid, I did feel bad for her having to deal with that and being pregnant.

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If it wasn't about money, why did he demand $7 million?  I call b.s. on this and I'm glad he got nothing.

monjerm01
by Monica on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I agree!

Quoting MrsBridges19:

If it wasn't about money, why did he demand $7 million?  I call b.s. on this and I'm glad he got nothing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I'm sure he's just glad to be rid of that looney and her trainwreck life and family. At least now he can move on.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
His 15 min of fame are up!
MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Move on?  Are you kidding me?  No one knew who he was until her.  She got him some attention and some extra money.  Now, he can go back to being nobody.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I'm sure he's just glad to be rid of that looney and her trainwreck life and family. At least now he can move on.

sara_7106
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Sounds like he's trying to save face
trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM

If that's true, wouldn't he have not fought the divorce, making it drag on for a year and a half?

Quoting cbk_mom3:

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM

And I'm sure he's very happy to be a "nobody" as you put it, and let the attention whore have her day in the sun.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Move on?  Are you kidding me?  No one knew who he was until her.  She got him some attention and some extra money.  Now, he can go back to being nobody.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Well, not knowing him personally I can't say. But seeing as he was married to the queen of attention whores, I'm sure he's just glad to be able to have escaped as unscathed as he is.

Quoting trippyhippy:

If that's true, wouldn't he have not fought the divorce, making it drag on for a year and a half?

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN