Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Reese Witherspoon Arrested

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 26 Replies
Reese Witherspoon
ARRESTED
Do You Know Who I Am?
Exclusive Details
0421_jim_toth_reese_witherspoon_gettyReese Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after she allegedly got into a war of words with a police officer during her husband's DUI arrest in Atlanta on Friday night.

According to our sources, Reese started talking back to the officer who was arresting her husband, Jim Toth. Our sources say Reese was particularly annoyed at how long the arrest was taking.

We're told the officer told her twice not to get out of her car ... but she did anyway ... so he busted her.

According to Variety, as the officer was arresting Witherspoon, she shouted, "Do you know my name?" When the officer said he did not, Witherspoon responded, "You're about to find out who I am."

Variety also reports that Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

The couple was released on bond. 

Reese is in Atlanta shooting a new movie, "The Good Lie."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/21/reese-witherspoon-and-husband-arrested-in-dui-incident/#ixzz2R8XH3MmO
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Updated on TMZ sunday night:

9:40 PM PT-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."
baby
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Well, I guess no one's above the law, even her. Hope it all works out for them.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

for some reason, I find her getting arrested a little shocking

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Oh wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Me too!

Quoting jbyrd898:

for some reason, I find her getting arrested a little shocking

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM
In shocked she is here in my town ...but the cops here don't play around with DUI at all and are not shy about arresting someone that is a celebrity
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thingz123
by Cheryl on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

She is about the LAST person I would expect to pull the "Don't you know who I am?" thang. She must have been seriously pissed off. She is usually so genteel and laid back, or so it appears. When you piss a Southern belle off, there is no telling what is going to come out of her mouth.

On a personal note, I do have sympathy. I know what it is like to deal with people who do not seem to have one ounce of consideration and be thisclose to losing it. Then, if you eventually do lose it, they look and you and say, "See? See? This is what I'm dealing with!", when they themselves spent the devil's own time goading you into getting bitchy and antagonistic.

I really don't think that's her natural, instinctive way of dealing with problems.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting KelliansMom:

In shocked she is here in my town ...but the cops here don't play around with DUI at all and are not shy about arresting someone that is a celebrity

Oh thats interesting she is in your town. Is the news there reporting this too?

baby
KelliansMom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I'm north of Atlanta , not sure if they are reporting it I haven't watched the local news all weekend. But I'm sure they are.

Quoting jbyrd898:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Oh thats interesting she is in your town. Is the news there reporting this too?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JLah
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I hate that she used that Don't you know my name card. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM

TMZ just posted these mugshots:

0421_reese_mug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN