Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Sofia Vergara confirms she will have baby via surrogate

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

By Molly Chance, Zap2It

Sofia Vergara confirms she will use a pregnancy surrogate when she's ready to have a baby, but says she isn't going through that process just yet -- despite rumors to the contrary.

In the new issue of Cosmopolitan, the "Modern Family" star explains where the rumor came from in the first place. "Because I froze my eggs, I had to go to my doctor's office a hundred million times to do injections," she says. "The [rumor] probably came from that. My doctor had told me 'We have a small window.' I said, 'That's so rude!' I already have a kid, so I never thought I would need to do that." 

Still Vergara says it's not her age, but medical complications that will force her to go the surrogate route. "I will have to use a surrogate, because I had thyroid cancer and lots of radiation," she explains. "I don't want to wait forever, but not yet, because I'm working like an animal."

As for wedding plans with fiance Nick Loeb, Vergara suggests they're on hold. "He was already married with a big wedding and I was already married with a big wedding," says Sofia. "So we're going to something but not right now." She previously said the pair would plan an over-the-top fiesta, so perhaps she's had a change of heart?

Vergara claims she was put off from wedding planning anyway after Nick's proposal. "When he proposed, it was my birthday, and I'd flown more than 100 family and friends to Mexico for six days of partying," she says. "It took me forever to arrange the logistics. If I had known I was going to get engaged, I don't do this stupid birthday."

Sofia's issue of Cosmopolitan hits stands May 7.

Photo/Video credit: Cosmopolitan

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Im really happy for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I'm happy for her-but OT isn't her pose odd? I mean honestly, I could never pose like that for a magazine. lol. I'd fall over.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM

great for her!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM

LOL

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I'm happy for her-but OT isn't her pose odd? I mean honestly, I could never pose like that for a magazine. lol. I'd fall over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)