Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Fun Fact 5/2

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Donald Trump cashed a check for 13 cents! 

Spy magazine, decided to hold a little competition to see who exactly the cheapest, American, 'zillionaires' are. The competition consisted of Spy created a fake, but totally legal, company called the National Refund Clearinghouse.

At first, the company sent out checks of $1.11 to 58 well known millionaires. Of the 58 people that were sent checks, 26 people, including Donald Trump, Cher, Kurt Vonnegut, cashed the checks. Some of the people that DIDN'T cash the checks include Billy Joel, Woody Allen, and Dustin Hoffman.

In the second round, the millionaires received a second check for $0.64 in order to cover a 'computer error'. Only 13 people cashed this check, including Donald Trump and Adnan Khashoggi. - both well known billionaires.

In the final round, the last 13 competitors were sent a check of $0.13 and only two people cashed this tiny, insignificant check. One was Donald Trump, and the other was Adnan Khashoggi.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Go figure but hey u don't get that rich ignoring money no matter how small the amount is
SP_Mama
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

It's not worth the gas to take it to the bank.  *L*

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on May. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Go figure but hey u don't get that rich ignoring money no matter how small the amount is

I agree. And one thing the Donald knows is money, and how to make it!

JLCrunch
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Also, I'm sure he doesn't open his own mail. His assistant/secretary was probably instructed to deposit all checks accordingly.

sara_7106
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I agree

Quoting JLCrunch:

Also, I'm sure he doesn't open his own mail. His assistant/secretary was probably instructed to deposit all checks accordingly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN