Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Avril Lavigne and Her New Music Video Are the Most Embarrassing Things You'll See This Week

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 17 Replies

Warning: This video includes some profanity.

Guys, quick: before you watch this music video for Avril Lavigne's "Here's to Never Growing Up," make sure you have a blanket or a loose shirt or some free hands, because you are going to want to cover your face in horror at least a few times. And as long as you're working on that, you might want to get your phone ready to call a friend, because you're going to need to emotional support when all this is through. It is terrible.

It's just that Avril is going to be 29 years old in just a few months. And maybe it was halfway cute back when she was 18, wearing her little ties and her thick, thick eyeliner, singing about things being so complicated, but you know what? It's not cute anymore. It's uncomfortable. It's uncomfortable to see a grown woman make the choice to skateboard down a high school hallway in Chuck Taylors in her new music video. But she does it anyway. And that's very sad.

Get a new schtick, Avril, OK?

--Emily Trainham, TooFab

by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I get that it is her thing but I agree she needs to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

yeah, not my kinda music. her eyeliner is trashy

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on May. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Agreed

Quoting MamaMandee:

I get that it is her thing but I agree she needs to grow up.
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
She's so pretty and she does need to tone down the eyeliner...a lot.

That said. I like this song. I dont find anything wrong with the video. She has a style and its her. I dont see why she needs to change who she is just because she's older.
frankiesma530
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Not my genre but song's not bad. Catchy. Eyes creepy.

PinkDragonFly
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

To each their own I guess. Didn't see anything wrong with it, it is her type of music. Make up was a bit much, but that washes off.

Numom61507
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Knowing she's 29 is almost as nauseating as when I found out Carly Rae wasn't a teenager. Ugh. 

And umm not to brow-beat or anything but if you never wanna grow up, why would you get engaged to a man that much older than you?

BeachMommy07
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This. lol. 100% THIS!! I can't even listen to Nickelback anymore. I'm creeped out.

Quoting Numom61507:

Knowing she's 29 is almost as nauseating as when I found out Carly Rae wasn't a teenager. Ugh. 

And umm not to brow-beat or anything but if you never wanna grow up, why would you get engaged to a man that much older than you?

angelachristine
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM

It's only 10 years. I don't get what the big deal is. I do think both of their music sucks so you aren't missing much. lol

Quoting BeachMommy07:

This. lol. 100% THIS!! I can't even listen to Nickelback anymore. I'm creeped out.

Quoting Numom61507:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this

It's her niche.  She's a pretty girl when her make-up isn't so heavy-handed.  She knows her genre and where she fits in.  It's kinda like telling Madonna to give it up already - she's 50 years old trying to still act like she's in her 20's.  I think eventually Avril will grow up or at least change her style a little bit, but personally, I kinda feel like she's paying homage to those earlier days BECAUSE she's going to be 30 soon.  I have a feeling that in the future, we'll see a different look and style from her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)