Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Brad Pitt slams Jennifer Aniston marriage? No, not really.

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

By Andrea Reiher, Zap2It

Brad Pitt is making headlines this week because of his interview in the most recent issue of Esquire magazine, where he talks about his life "about a decade ago," which puts him square in the middle of his marriage to Jennifer Aniston

But does he slam his marriage to her? The exact quotes are:

For a long time I thought I did too much damage - drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f***ing off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany - a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what's the point?

What we see Pitt saying is that he chose to stop wasting his life drifting around and doing drugs. He makes no mention of his marriage to Aniston. It's a bit of a leap to say that he "slams" his marriage to her.

Pitt does go on to say he hasn't "known life to be any happier" than he is right now, but that's not exactly a slam either.

What do you think? Are people inferring too much in the interview? Or is he really casting aspersions on his marriage?

Photo/Video credit: Esquire Magazine
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lydi
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I could care less about him and angelina

harrypottermom
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I think people are trying to find some kind of drama there, I see it as he needed and wanted change so he went for it
LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I use to like Brad Pitt but not I really don't like him as much because I just think he is annoying and so is Angleina.

metalmomma86
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Overall I don't care about him but I think the media LIVES to rehash his marriage to Jennifer Aniston. They will take anything they can out of context to make it sound like he is saying something bad.  It was 10 friggin years ago. He has 6 kids with Angelina now. Jen seems happy too. People need to let it go

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on May. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Seriously that was so long ago. People need to move on.
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Yep

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I use to like Brad Pitt but not I really don't like him as much because I just think he is annoying and so is Angleina.

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I think he is just talking about himself and people are trying to see drama where there is none
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I'm no longer a Brad Pitt Fan and I can't stand Angelina so...lol

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM

he didnt say anything about jennifer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)