Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Paris Hilton signs to Cash Money Records to release sophomore album

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

Paris Hilton promised her sophomore album would feature multiple hip-hop guests.

Ever wonder what became of Paris Hilton's music career?

Well the 32-year-old socialite has now signed to Cash Money Records and will release music alongside labelmates Nicki Minaj, Drake and Lil Wayne, reports MTV News.

Paris Hilton released her self-titled first album in 2006.

Hilton's self-titled debut was released in 2006 and the vixen said to Showbiz 411 she hopes to have a follow up soon with Cash Money, adding that it would feature multiple hip-hop acts.

Despite being signed to a mostly hip-hop label, Paris Hilton says her second album will most be dance music.

"This is a lot different than my first album," she described. "It's really going to be house music."

Paris Hilton’s collaboration with Lil Wayne is called ‘Last Night.’

Label reps confirmed Hilton is the newest member to their musical family although her rep indicated that it's not a solid deal as of yet: "Paris Hilton is in talks with a number of record labels right now but we can't confirm anything. When a deal is finalized we will make an official announcement."

Birdman of Young Money Cash Money Billionaires tweeted Wednesday, "Welcome @ParisHilton to tha Family. RichgangRichgirl. YMCMB."

A rep did not confirm that Paris Hilton had signed to Cash Money Records, but the label’s head honcho, Birdman, tweeted and welcomed her to the Young Money/Cash Money Billionaires clique.

RELATED: PARIS HILTON SORRY FOR GAY SLURS

Shortly after, Hilton posted a music video on Twitter for the song with Wayne called "Last Night," which was released last year.

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Lil Wayne has collaborated with Paris Hilton in the past.

"Love this song I recorded with @LilTunechi," she wrote. "Love Lil Wayne, he is so amazing! Can't wait for our new song! #I(heart)YMCMB"

Paris Hilton says she has joined Cash Money Records, home to such hip-hop acts as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Drake.

The starlet confirmed what her rep seems to be denying, that her long standing relationship with Cash Money is now turning into an actual musical venture.

Birdman indicated that while some other acts may not be signed to the label they still collaborate to put out projects.

"We have other artists like Future, who is not signed to us but a part of us," he explained to RapFix. "A lot of business we do don't necessarily have to be about money, it's about relationships and this is about people that we have relationships with."

Hilton's self-described "electro-pop music" will reportedly be released sometime in the summer of 2013, although she teased fans last year when she indicated her sophomore effort was going to be out in mid-2012.

"I think a lot of people don't know that music is my passion since I was a little girl," she told MTV News last year. "I'm very musically talented. This is more my thing [musically on this album], more of a club scene, more dance."

by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BeachMommy07
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Cash Money has been around for a long time I think. I used to like Juvenile back in the day. haha. Paris is creeping up back into the spotlight yall...

MrsBridges19
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You are riiiight.  Lol.  But I don't want her back in the spotlight.  I liked it better when she was MIA.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Cash Money has been around for a long time I think. I used to like Juvenile back in the day. haha. Paris is creeping up back into the spotlight yall...

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant wait .... said nobody! 

godsgirl26
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Oh my gosh hahahah.
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Smh. I guess she has to make some kinda money when your cut out of a Hilton will
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 25, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I havent seen her around in a while!

mrsary
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Smh. Cash Money can do better than that..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN