Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Baby Girl North West: Her Name's Meaning Revealed!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 18 Replies

by Ken Baker and Rebecca Macatee, ENews!

Kim Kardashian is from L.A., and Kanye West is from Chicago. So why is their newborn baby girl named North West?

Well, a source tells E! News exclusively the name is much more than just a cute play on geography. In fact, Kim and 'Ye are telling everyone the real inspiration behind baby Kimye's unique moniker is that, "North means highest power."

"North is the most high. There is nothing higher than North," explains the source. "And, when it comes to the stars, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West."

The new parents "look at her as being their highest point together," says a source. "Nothing is more special than North. Kim keeps saying, 'She is our North Star.'"

The duo klearly adore their new addition, and they're very quickly adjusting to the roles of Mom and Dad. "They are splitting duties," a family source tells E! News. "Kanye is so hands on. He's changing diapers."

As for the new mama? "Kim always feared having a baby. She thought it would be so hard, but it's all coming so naturally to her," adds the source. "She's loving motherhood, and all her fears have gone away."

Aw!

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Still hate it. Idiots.
nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM

still dumb

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mushmom:

Still hate it. Idiots.

I agree. But, at least naming her North West, they gave her some direction. LOL.

harrypottermom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
LOL!!!!!!!

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quoting mushmom:

Still hate it. Idiots.

I agree. But, at least naming her North West, they gave her some direction. LOL.

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I read somewhere they were also thinking of 'Winter' as her name. I knew a girl named Winter. That's prettier then North.

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I read somewhere they were also thinking of 'Winter' as her name. I knew a girl named Winter. That's prettier then North.

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I like names that are different, especially when they have personal meaning.
.Milfshake.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Why do I have the feeling Kanye is behind that madness? they are both egocentrics

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM

So stuipd.

monjerm01
by Monica on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I don't like it, but it means something to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN