Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Miley Cyrus on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Singer Talks Getting High, Performs "We Can't Stop" in Short Shorts

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

Miley Cyrus on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Singer Talks Getting High, Performs "We Can't Stop" in Short Shorts

Is Miley Cyrus a stoner?

It's long been rumored the erstwhile Hannah Montana star likes lighting up, but swinging by Jimmy Kimmel Live Tuesday night to promote her big hit "We Can't Stop," Miley gave a revealing answer on the subject.

When asked by Jimmy Kimmel what she's been doing hanging out with Snoop Lion, she said the two artists shared a passion for pot—that is, if you take her at her word.

"He comes by the studio, he listens to my music…and he's excited about what I'm doing with my career so it's cool," Miley said of Snoop.

"Do you guys socialize?" asked the funnyman.

"We're more alike than you would think. We're very similar. He actually said that," noted the 20-year-old singer-actress.

"That's because he's so high he doesn't even know what his name is," joked Kimmel.

"Me too," replied Miley. "We both are. That's why we get along so well, I guess."

Miley CyrusRMBI SWIS/AKM-GSI

No word whether she was joking but Cyrus has certainly grown up!

Miley went on to perform "We Can't Stop" wearing a Tupac Shakur T-shirt, short shorts and knee-high boots and kicked off her performance by straddling one of her dancers.

The song, by the way, has racked up 33 million views on YouTube in six days, set a record for the most views in 24 hours, and is currently No. 2 on the iTunes charts.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I watched this last night and once again the girl was not wearing pants. It looked more like large black underwear. DH asked me what happen to her hair. 

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM

She's no role model

zebbyzebby06
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I told my friend, (when Miley was on hannah montana) that she is going to end up like britany spears or lindsay lohan. If not as bad she is goomg to get weird and be trouble....my friend didnt believe me lol. I also have a feeling shes only goig to get worse.
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
She's still not a bit in trouble. Nothing wrong with being young and partying smart. Maybe it's everyone constantly giving them crap about nothing that eventually makes them get crazy
clearlyme
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I think that's the point. She doesn't want to be one. It's sad when someone acquires all this celebrity and ability to influence and just throws it away.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

She's no role model

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM

On the other hand, it's also wrong of society to put children in a position to feel they have to become a certain person.  She became famous for singing and kind of acting (lol) when she was still a kid.  She's not the royal family or in government, as now that she's becoming an adult...she has every right to decide who she wants to be.  She's not in trouble.  She's not getting in car accidents.  You don't see drunken pictures of her.

I think society is not happy unless we can put them on a pedastal or watch them burn  It's sad.  It's society, not the celebrity.  Angelina Jolie does humantarian work across the world...and people still talk about her like a pariah.

It is sad.

Quoting clearlyme:

I think that's the point. She doesn't want to be one. It's sad when someone acquires all this celebrity and ability to influence and just throws it away.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

She's no role model

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN