Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kris Jenner Refuses To Be Called Grandma!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

by 

Despite the fact that she’s the grandmother of the world’s most famous baby at the moment, Kris Jennerrefuses to be called Grandma!

Sure, Kim Kardashianand Kanye West’s baby girl North isn’t saying much of anything at the moment (she’s less than a month old, after all) but we can’t say we’re super shocked that Kris won’t be called Grandma when the time comes. The 57-year-old grandmother of three has made no secret of her, ahem, desire to stay young. So, if that traditional name is off the table, what does Kris want her grandkids to call her?

“They call me Lovey and Bruce is Grandpa,” reports Metro. “At first I was Grandma, and all of a sudden I didn’t like the way that sounded, my mom had a friend called Lovey and I thought that was the cutest name.”

They call her Lovey? Ok, that actually is kind of cute, though it seems more like something Kris should be calling her grandkids!

In any event, when North is old enough she will do like Kourtney’s kids, her cousins Mason and Penelope, and call Kris Lovey.

You know what they say: What Grandma wants, Grandma gets!

Source: Metro 

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara_7106
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Oh my
MommySally
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
She must also refuse to be called classy too lol!
thingz123
by Cheryl on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

She refuses to act like a member of her generation, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I'm not saying she should be sitting in a chair rocking and knitting  the baby booties or anything. I am older than most of the people in this group, I daresay. I look young for my age and like to dress youthfully, like Chris. I dare anyone to say I should be sitting on the couch looking at Lawrence Welk and laughing at reruns of game shows that haven't been on the air for 30 years. But I am not still doing immature, rash and foolhardy stuff like I was in my youth. Kris Jenner has never outgrown that behavior, and in her head, she is no older than her daughters. You won't see me running around drinking with my sons when they become of age and doing stuff they will be embarrassed by and hope to God their friends don't find out about.

MrsImperfect
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Don't they call her grandma on the show?

I'm not quite sure I only watch when there's literally nothing else to watch and I mostly fall asleel.
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My mom doesn't like it either...she's Nana
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Wow. I love being called Grandma! One of the best things about having grandkids. My MIL didn't like being called Grandma. She was "Nan." I wear Grandma like a badge of honor.

thingz123
by Cheryl on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting PinkParadox:

A lot of kids call their grandmothers Nana, it's pretty typical. And it's not too different sounding than Grandma. Notice how Kris chooses a word that can in no way be mistaken for Gran, Grandma or Nana, LOL.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
My mom is Nana also.

Quoting PinkParadox:

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM

My mom is her age, and she's Grandma. I guess the name itself can seem kind of aging, so I can sort of understand why she doesn't want to be called Grandma. But then, does she not refer to them as her grandchildren? What does she say, her daughter's kid(s)?

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I guess whatever she wants to be called! My Mom wants to be called me maw and I dont particulary like it LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN