Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Matt Lauer thinks Miley Cyrus' no sex after 40 comments were 'really funny'

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

By Terri Schwartz, Zap2It

Matt Lauer didn't take any offense fromMiley Cyrus when she came on "Today"and claimed that people don't have sex after they turn the age of 40. Though her comments caused some controversy at the time, he says he actually found them pretty humorous.

"No, I wasn't shocked at all, I thought it was actually really funny," he tells E! News. "I mean, Miley is what, 22 years old and she's talking about -- 20? Okay, 20 -- and she's talking about the sexuality of people who are 40, 45, 50, 55. Let's go back and do that interview when she's 55 and I think she'll have a different answer."

Cyrus' comments came after Lauer asked her about the fact she's been showing off her sexual side with her recent performances and music videos. She basically said that she'll keep doing it until she gets too old to act sexually.

"Well, I heard when you turn 40 things start to go a little less sexual, so probably around 40, around that time. I heard that's when people don't have sex anymore," she said.

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rockinmomto2
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

She's kind of an idiot.

gmadiane
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I dont think anyone over 40 took it personally, I know I did not

lga1965
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I thnk it was funny...and stupid. When I was 20, I knew people still have sex in their 70's,80's and even 90's so she strikes me as intellectually deficient. And this is not the only way she shows her stupidity,in my opinion. Poor little girl. ;)

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I think she made herself look stupid

monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Dumb.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

She's so dumb...

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I'm only 38...but o can tell you I'm certainly not 20 anymore...lol

Quoting gmadiane:

I dont think anyone over 40 took it personally, I know I did not

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Yeah I didnt' find it controversial and I'm 28. I'm sure she has an idea of what life would be like once you hit 40 just like all of us do/had. And if you're not supposed to act out sexually after a certain age, I'm assuming Madonna didn't get that memo? ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)