Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jonas Brothers Break Up: "It Was a Unanimous Decision"

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, Jonas Brothers, 2010DISNEY CHANNEL/JEFF NEIRA

Sorry, Jonas Brothers fans: the musical trio is officially disbanding. The pop stars made the official announcement on Tuesday, Oct. 29, just less than three weeks after they canceled their fall tour due to "a deep rift within the band."

"It's over for now," says 25-year-old Kevin Jonas, who is expecting his first child with his wife, Danielle Jonas. Drummer and vocalist Nick Jonas, 21, echoes his eldest brother's sentiments. "It's really hard to say 'forever,'" he says. "We're closing a chapter, for sure."

The group decided to call it quits on Oct. 3 when Nick shared some serious concerns about their future. "I was feeling kind of trapped," he tells People. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."

According to Joe Jonas, however, Nick merely voiced what they all were feeling. "It was a unanimous decision," the 24-year-old solo singer explains.

After the Jonas Brothers were signed to Hollywood Records in 2005, they went on to sell more than 20 million albums worldwide. They starred in two Camp Rock movies and headlined their own Disney Channel show. In 2009, Nick formed his own blues rock band, called Nick Jonas and the Administration.

Despite their differences, the New Jersey-born stars gave fans some hope that they might reconcile. "Please hold while we get our s--t together," he tweeted Oct. 22. Nick added, "Bear with us."

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I was not surprised by their announcement, however, I was suprised they had cancelled their tour altogether instead of playing it out.

I watched Kevin and Danielle's reality show and during the filming, the Jonas brothers were just getting back into the studio to record and get ready for their tour.  There was A LOT of friction between the three of them and it was palpable and there was a lot of head-butting.  Based on what I saw, it seemed kinda like Kevin was unsure of his talent and position in the band, Joe was kinda there just wanting it all to work out and Nick was very anal and controlling and arrogant.  They all had different ideas about the music, but it seems like Nick may have gotten too big for them and acted like he knew it all better than they did.  I definitely foresaw a break-up.  I kinda feel like Nick's ego is too big for the band.

jltplk25
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I'd heard that Joe's 'issues' played a part in the breakup. Who knows.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I watched too & felt a lot of what you are saying also.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I was not surprised by their announcement, however, I was suprised they had cancelled their tour altogether instead of playing it out.

I watched Kevin and Danielle's reality show and during the filming, the Jonas brothers were just getting back into the studio to record and get ready for their tour.  There was A LOT of friction between the three of them and it was palpable and there was a lot of head-butting.  Based on what I saw, it seemed kinda like Kevin was unsure of his talent and position in the band, Joe was kinda there just wanting it all to work out and Nick was very anal and controlling and arrogant.  They all had different ideas about the music, but it seems like Nick may have gotten too big for them and acted like he knew it all better than they did.  I definitely foresaw a break-up.  I kinda feel like Nick's ego is too big for the band.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Im sure it did too.

Quoting jltplk25:

I'd heard that Joe's 'issues' played a part in the breakup. Who knows.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM
That's too bad.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I actually kinda felt bad for Kevin watching it just because he seemed so insecure and was saying that he is the least talented out of them.  I also felt bad for Danielle, who they were kinda railroading with the whole thing about wanting to get pregnant. 

Quoting MamaMandee:

I watched too & felt a lot of what you are saying also.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Too much ego.
KenneMaw
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My heavens - they are all still so young!   The oldest is only 25.  They have their whole lives ahead of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN