Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

P!nk Responds to Carey Hart Parenting Backlash

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Would you let your 2-year-old ride a motorcycle?

Over the weekend Carey Hart and P!nk took their adorable daughter Willow on her first motorcycle ride -- and people weren't too pleased about their decision to do so.

Hart posted the photo (above) on Instagram of the twosome riding around the "pits" together on Sunday.

"Been waiting for this day for a very long time. Willz went for her 1st ride on my motorcycle around the pits today. She was pumped the whole time. When we stopped, she gave me a big hug and said it was fun, thank you Papa. That's my girl," he captioned with the cute candid.

The rocker pair has been getting a lot of flack for the picture though. 

On Monday, the "True Love" singer responded to some of the criticism she's received regarding the shot of Hart and Willow on the bike.

If any of u have more experience on a bike than my husband, then I will listen to your opinions on how he should take my daughter for a ride

@MFemur: @Pink Honestly.. I wouldn't like the idea of a child so young being on a bike.” Then I don't recommend it for your child

Looks like the negative comments aren't stopping the motocross family from taking Willow riding again -- P!nk later posted that they were heading to another event today.

M'kay I'm gonna go now. Gotta figure out what wills is wearing tomorrow for her MANIACAL MOTO MANIA!!!!!! Gotta pack veggies too! Organic!

Credit: TooFab

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmadiane
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I love her 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Me too!

Quoting gmadiane:

I love her 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Me three!!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Me too!

Quoting gmadiane:

I love her 

KenneMaw
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Love Pink and her family!!   The only thing I wish was that little Willow had a helmet on.  Otherwise - have fun!   She was absolutely safe with her daddy.   Our DD rode with DH on his motorcycle when she was abour 4-5 and loved it!

sm_of_3
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I went to school with Alicia and I will tell you that what you see is what you get. She is 100% true to herself and does not put on a front for people. I think that is why women are so in awe of her...she says it how it is. Was a cool girl back in the day...and still cool now. :)
lga1965
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She needs to wear a helmet.

I'm not a fan of motorcycles and I don't think little kids should ride on their parent's lap on one. There are safer ways to have fun with kids.

Melissa_anne
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM

honestly they know what is good for their daughter, I am sure he isn't going fast enough for her to fall off.  I let my 8 yr old DD ride my dad's 4 wheeler (have since she was 4), hell she drives it by herself, when she is with me she doesn't wear a helmet, when she is by herself she does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)