Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dax Shepard Reveals He and Kristen Bell Threw the "World's Worst Wedding "

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

by 

Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell may be Hollywood superstars, but that doesn’t mean they had supersized budget when it came time for them to tie the knot.

Parenthood star Dax stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday and told Jimmy that, despite his new bride’s movie star status, she was more than happy to keep their nuptials wallet-friendly.

Dax revealed that he took inspiration from Jimmy’s wedding when planning his own courthouse celebration, telling the host,  “Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing, because it was flying out the windows."

Dax, who married Veronica Mars star Kristen on October 17, said that he and his love decided to take a simpler approach to their big day after seeing Jimmy’s over-the-top affair.

"I made a mental note when I watched that. I thought, ‘I'm going to go a different way.' So we went to the Beverly Hills courthouse, and all in, with fuel to get there, $142 out the door.”

Despite the small cost of the ceremony, Dax admitted that the price of the occasion didn’t factor in one major component.

"I don't yet have a ring,” he said. “I am going to follow your course, because you got your ring at Costco."

While their ceremony may have been non-traditional, it did have one particular distinction:

"Friends of ours came to the courthouse, and it was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse, so they brought us this cake afterwards," he said. "‘The World’s Worst Wedding.’ How many people can say they threw ‘The World’s Worst Wedding?’”

Source: Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Photo Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I love them & so happy for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn75
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

That's not even a bad wedding let alone the worst wedding.

MommySally
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
As long as they are happy and that's what they wanted I'm very happy for them. It doesn't matter about the dress, flowers, venue all that stuff it's about them two. My husband and I had a simple wedding and it was totally fine with us!!
PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Quoting MamaMandee:

I love them & so happy for them.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I love them and strangely enough, I feel like it suits them.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM

such a cute couple

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)