Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

How I Met Your Mother Creators Talking Spinoff — Would You Watch?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 16 Replies

by 

If you’re experiencing premature separation anxiety as How I Met Your Mother airs its eighth and final season, the latest news from show creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas may lift your spirits.

The writing team behind the longest meet-cute story in the history of dating is reportedly in talks for a spinoff series, according to Deadline. Also included on the hypothetical spinoff’s creative team is Emily Spivey, the creator of NBC’s defunct series Up All Night, starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett.

However, the proposed new comedy would not involve any of the original characters. Instead, the new show would flip the gender switch and follow a lady unlucky in love as she searches for her future husband (in other words, How I Met Your Father).

While we have no doubt that Carter, Craig, and Emily could cook up one awesome sitcom together, we’re not entirely sure we need to go down this road again with a female Ted. In fact, we’re pretty sure if this trifecta of hilarious gets into a room together for a few days, they could crank out a dozen premises better than the one they’re proposing.

But, hey, that’s just one opinion. Would you watch a female-centric version of HIMYM?

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alleycat257
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Yes,  I would as long as the cast was full of eccentric characters in their late twenties or thirties.  Of course it would have to take a slightly different angle in order to keep things interesting.

.Bubbles.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I might. It would depend on the characters and actors involved.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I LOVE How I Met Your Mother, but I probably wouldn't watch a spin-off
SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Not without Barney.
lydi
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Yes I would and it would be fun for original cast to make cameos.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I love the show but I don't think would go for a spin off
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I would check it out.

lga1965
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Only if the actors are as good as the ones on How IMet your Mother. The actors are what makes the show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Nope

MommySally
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I have only seen a few episodes here and there, don't know why I never followed it I love all the actors and it's pretty funny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)