Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Courtney Love Bashes Katy Perry's Music: "This Is Not Rock 'N' Roll"

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

Courtney Love may be starting a cat fight with Katy Perry

In a provocative essay in the upcoming issue of Style.com/Print, the '90s rocker criticized Perry andMiley Cyrus for producing so-called "artless pop" music.

"Yeah, I have listened to 'Roar' and 'We Can’t Stop' and I love 'Wrecking Ball' for a guilty pleasure, but these are songs written by men mostly for pop tarts. This is not rock 'n' roll," Love wrote in an article on Style.com/Print (via Huffington Post).

This isn't the first time Love has publically bashed the "Roar" singer.

"I liked Katy when she was in a black shag and the shy girl on Glen Ballard’s arm at events. She was damaged goods by the time she got to Capitol [Records]," Love said in a recent interview with"Interview Russia" (via Fashionista). "She really worked for it: ‘It’ being a career I find so boring it’s sort of sad, but what she wears is cute and in her own universe."

The 49-year-old didn't stop there. When asked about Miley Cyrus, Love told the mag, "Miley provided me with endless laughs at the VMAs. The Harajuku Japansese girl little bear suit was cute."

Love definitely isn't afraid to speak her mind!

What do you think of Love's war of words with Katy and Miley?

Credit: TooFab

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lulu2216
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I don't believe Katy and Miley ever said their music was rock and roll.
.Bubbles.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I would like to know why anyone cares what this burned out former musician has to say. Hole had one decent record. If she hadn't married Kurt Cobain she woukd have vanished by now.
MommySally
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Well if anyone knows about being damaged goods it's Courtney Love. I don't know about Miley but I'm pretty sure Katy never said that she was in Rock n Roll, seems like someone just wants more attention. What was the last story she pulled, that Dave Ghrol took advantage of her daughter or something?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)