Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

FoxNews.com

Tom Cruise has never been shy about expressing his beliefs, and in a recent deposition, the actor said he believed acting was as hard as fighting a war. 

Cruise sat with lawyers to be deposed for his case against Bauer Publishing for stories two of its publications printed following his divorce from Katie Holmes, articles that stated he had "abandoned" his daughter Suri. 

During the deposition, a lawyer questioned Cruise about remarks his camp had made equating his work and inability to see daughter Suri to fighting in Afghanistan. 

"That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise said, according to TMZ

The deposition also revealed that Cruise did not see Suri for more than 100 days at one point following his split from Holmes, though he maintains that he spoke to her on the phone frequently and that the two have a close relationship. 

Click here for more on the story from TMZ

Click here to read the deposition on RadarOnline.com

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I am sure our military men and women would disagree

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM

jeez

kattcooper
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
He compared not being able to see his daughter to fighting in Afghanistan, not his job!!

Seriously any good parent would think it's just as hard being away for 100 days!
.Bubbles.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
He chose his career, and filming a movie is nothing like being overseas.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Yea, we don't get paid even close to what he gets paid!

Quoting gmadiane:

I am sure our military men and women would disagree

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
No Tom i dont think so. Your work is Hollywood made, and get paid a shit load of money. The military put their lives on the line for pennies compare to his paycheck. No comparision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolynx
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

What a narcissistic ass.  Really Tom?  I think you should don a uniform and go to Afghanistan and stand next to our soldiers who are there for no good reason, losing their lives, limbs, sight and much more and see just how tough you have it.  You are a first class idiot with absolutely no clue.  It's hard to believe that someone would even say such a thing out loud!  Moron! People like you make me ill...

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Guess I will reaffirm my vow to never watch him in a movie again.
mightymo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

hes not serious!!!!

MommySally
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Let's see my husband's unit perimeter was breached by those fuckers, a lot of our friends were hurt either by gunshot or grenade maybe Tom Cruise needs to be shot at so he really knows what it's like. Sleep inside tents not knowing if someone is right outside waiting to kill you, not in some 5-star resort crying because they didn't give him the right salad dressing. I would love to see him go on one of the USO tours and say the exact same thing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)