Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Joan Rivers fuels war of words with Jennifer Lawrence

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

YoungHollywood, WENN

Joan Rivers has stepped up her war of words with Jennifer Lawrence after the actress took aim at TV shows that promote an unhealthy body image.

The Hunger Games star targeted the comedienne's Fashion Police series in December (13), accusing the show of encouraging youngsters to criticize others over their appearance and insisting it should be illegal to call people fat on TV.

Rivers quickly responded, taking to her Twitter.com account to accuse the actress of "arrogance," and has now hit back at Lawrence by claiming she is regularly seen in airbrushed photoshoots.

She tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "My New Year's resolution is (ensuring) Jennifer Lawrence grows up and realizes how lucky she is and calms down. I love that she's telling everyone how wrong it is to worry about retouching and body image, and meanwhile, she has been touched up more than a choir boy at the Vatican. Look at her posters. She doesn't have a nose, she has two holes. She just has to learn, don't talk if you're doing it."

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Rivers is Phyllis Diller with five facelifts. Who friggin cares. She peddles spray paint hair like that Popell guy used to. Has been.
IHeartDraven
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Jennifer Lawrence is amazing and Joan rivers is a joke
Guess who's team I'm on? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Joan looks like madame

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Same team I am!

Quoting IHeartDraven: Jennifer Lawrence is amazing and Joan rivers is a joke

Guess who's team I'm on? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySally
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I like watching the Fashion Police, Joan doesn't give a damn and hits hard. I just think it's hilarious, I don't take the fashion and body image jokes and make them personal, I'm not the skinniest person and I have been known to wear sweatpants to Walmart. I do love Jennifer too, she doesn't hold back but it's more of a goofy cute way, sad to see these two fighting.
.Bubbles.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Joan Rivers is obnoxious and not at all funny. Of course Jennifer is touched up in photos. It isn't as if she can tell the studio what to do with their promotional piece.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)