Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Brad Pitt Talks Short, Shaved New Haircut: "It's Not a Choice!"

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 16 Replies

BY JUSTIN RAVITZ, US Weekly, Jeffery Mayer/WireImage.com; Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty (inset)

Brad Pitt is arguably looking sexier than ever these days thanks to a sexy new hipster haircut -- shaved on the sides, and sleek up top -- but Angelina Jolie's fiance didn't lop off his previously shoulder-length hair for personal vanity. "It's for a part," Pitt, 49, told E! News at the Producers Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, where the new 'do looked pretty much perfect with his tuxedo. "It's not a choice!" Indeed, the military-inspired look is for his WWII role opposite Shia LaBeouf and others in Fury, which has been shooting in the UK.

Sunday's PGAs was the second awards show in a row for Pitt, who was also on hand at Saturday's Screen Actors Guild Awards in support of his film 12 Years a Slave, which he helped produced and in which he has a smaller acting role. The intense historical epic went on to split the Best Picture PGA prize with Gravity.

As he's previously revealed, Pitt told Us Weekly on the red carpet that he'd let his six children with Jolie, 38, watch the film, about Solomon Northup, a born-free black man who was sold into slavery in the 1840s. "Yes, it's a heavy subject matter but there's a universal story of a man just trying to keep his will, maintain his dignity and bring it home to his family," Pitt told Us. "To me that's beautifully inspirational amidst the historical aspect of it all. It's beautifully told."

Pitt's love Jolie was alas not at his side over the weekend; she's been filming her next directorial project, Unbroken, in Australia.

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySally
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I stopped reading after Shia LaBeouf
.Milfshake.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM

ew, that haircut does NOT do him justice, at all.

Sunshine257
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM
It makes him look old.. I don't like it.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM
I don't like it at all. I'm glad its just for the movie.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I don't like it.  It's very unflattering.

autodidact
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:54 AM

like it much better long

lebeautydiaries
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Looks very Macklemore-inspired.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ditto

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I don't like it at all. I'm glad its just for the movie.

Mommabearbergh
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Well you have to dress the part for the part
merryvoice
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I did too! But because it's Brad Pitt, I came back to it. I do wish he had better taste in his co-stars though.

Quoting MommySally: I stopped reading after Shia LaBeouf
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN