Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally: What Went Wrong

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally: What Went Wrong

05/14/2014 at 10:35 AM EDT

Sherri Shepherd & Lamar Sally Split: What Went Wrong
Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally
JASON LAVERIS/FILMMAGIC

Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE

When court documents revealed an ugly split between The View's Sherri Shepherd and her husband, Lamar Sally, along with a custody fight over their unborn child via surrogate, fans were surprised by the news – but in her circle, it came as less of a shock. 

"I don't think any of us thought this was the right guy for her," a source close to the busy star, 47, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "He's a very nice man, but he can't keep up with her. She's a force of nature." 

Sally, 43, who declined to comment on the case to PEOPLE, is requesting full custody of the couple's unborn child. 

The source says Shepherd, who is mom to 9-year-old son Jeffrey from her first marriage, to Jeff Tarpley, made no secret of her desire to have another child via surrogate. 

"She was open that this would be the only way she’d be able to have another baby," says the source. 
by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Poor Sherri. I feel so bad for her.
blondepegasus
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I think he married her for her money/fame/prestige. He is asking her for spousal support!

motherslove82
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Doesn't her first husband have custody of Jeffrey? I know he did at one point. It makes me wonder why her fitnesses as a parent keeps getting called into question.
.Bubbles.
by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I think you are right about her first son. 

Quoting motherslove82: Doesn't her first husband have custody of Jeffrey? I know he did at one point. It makes me wonder why her fitnesses as a parent keeps getting called into question.

mightymo
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I think she has custody of Jeffrey,he is a special needs child,I deal with many special needs children,to be honest it's the men that bail because they can't deal,sherry looks like she does just fine taking care of her son

.Bubbles.
by on May. 15, 2014 at 10:23 PM
That really isn't true. I have seen parents of both sexes finding themselves unable to deal and leaving.Shari has never said her ex was anything but a good father. They divorced because he cheated. I thought he had their son when they first divorced because she had to travel a lot, and Jeffrey wasn't able.

As for this situation I don't know what to think.

Quoting mightymo:

I think she has custody of Jeffrey,he is a special needs child,I deal with many special needs children,to be honest it's the men that bail because they can't deal,sherry looks like she does just fine taking care of her son

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN