Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's official....

According to TMZ.com the Golden globes have been cancelled!

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has confirmed it.

Is anyone disappointed?

Do you think the Golden Globe Awrds are overated?

** The CafeMom Team
by on Jan. 7, 2008 at 8:17 PM
Replies (11-18):
rowansmom721
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Exactly.  I mean it's a pretty big accomplishment and it maybe the only time for some of these folks.  So it's pretty sad that it got cancelled when they don't get to celebrate.  I mean the strike will eventually end and life will go back to normal for all in Hollywood.  Some richer some poorer.  But the fact is that these folks that are nominated will never get to celebrate this event again.  It's like missing their high school prom.. you can't go back and do a redo.
Quoting maddyabby:

Yea....thats pretty sad, especially if its their first one. 
Quoting JennyMommy:

I realy feel bad for the stars who were nominated.
MySpace and Orkut Fairy Glitter Graphic - 6Glitter Graphics

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

Ang357
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 3:47 PM
I'm very disappointed.  I don't think there's been a time that the Golden Globes have been cancelled.  They'd better not think about canceling the Oscar's.

May you soar through the clouds!!! from one mom to another Ang357

http://www.cafemom.com/group/potterlover

http://www.cafemom.com/group/cafemom.addicts

http://www.cafemom.com/group/scifans

http://www.cafemom.com/group/MomsofTeenageBoys

Sophiasmadre
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM
So, I am watching the Golden Globes on the computer.  It is a little sad really.  No acceptance speeches although, there have been a few surprises.  The award are being presented by the best of entertainment news.
seminolemom
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Sophiasmadre:

So, I am watching the Golden Globes on the computer.  It is a little sad really.  No acceptance speeches although, there have been a few surprises.  The award are being presented by the best of entertainment news.
How do I get to it on the computer?
Sophiasmadre
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Quoting seminolemom:

Quoting Sophiasmadre:

So, I am watching the Golden Globes on the computer. It is a little sad really. No acceptance speeches although, there have been a few surprises. The award are being presented by the best of entertainment news.
How do I get to it on the computer?
Go to MSN
It is at the top of the page and plays on Windows Media Player.
Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten. Every time God masturbates, Chuck Norris kills a lion.   Please be kind, Rewind.  Put your Crocs in adventure mode.  If your Lipschits, my ass whistles.  Actions speak louder than words. Unless that action is sign language.  They condemn what they do not understand.  Think of the Web as a big bathroom wall. And everyone has a marker. There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.  Realists are just pessimists looking for an excuse for themselves.  If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.  If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you!  Ninety-nine percent of all statistics are made up on the spot (including this one).
seminolemom
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Thanks!!

HudsonsMommy
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 11:50 PM
I am mainly isappointed because I am so tired of the writer's strike. Pay them already! They are the reason you are all billionaires!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
momto3infl
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 7:09 AM
I feel they are overrated, but has usually watched them, I did watch the 1 hour conference last night and though it was better done that way-not all the boring stuff in it-just who won.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)