Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Kardashians VS The Duggars

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Which family do you like better?

Options:

Duggars

Kardashians

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

FAMILY FEUD: The Kardashians vs. The Duggars!

duggars kardash

Is a cultural shift in the air?! It’s an all-out war as the Duggar’s 19 Kids & Counting ratings have just surpassed those of Keeping Up With the Kardashians!

Check out how the clans size up:

Family Size

Duggars: 26 and counting (and counting, and counting…)

Kardashians: 16 (17 if Khloe really is a Kardashian)

Matriarch

Duggars: Michelle Duggar — a penny-pinching dynamo who can bake her own bread and out-breed a prairie dog.

Kardashians: Kris Jenner — a twice-married “momager” who can turn vacuous offspring into breadwinners.

Patriarch

Duggars: Jim Bob Duggar — a traditional hombre who was once a used-car salesman, then worked his way to the state assembly. Loves guns.

Kardashians: Bruce Jenner — an Olympic gold medalist with an ombre that makes his daughters jealous. Loves guns.

Recent Wedding Highlights

Duggars: Jill & Derick Dillard — After the bride and groom kissed for the very first time, guests were served 600 cupcakes, 3,000 chocolate chip cookies and 3,000 root beer floats.

Kardashians: Kim & Kanye West — a 20-minute spiel in which the narcissistic groom praised his wife as the “ultimate celebrity.” Guests had the option of relieving themselves in a golden toilet tower.

Family Motto

Duggars: “Love Multiplies” (Just like the population of third-world countries)

Kardashians: “Work, Work, Work!” (Because dressing up to go out for frozen yogurt takes motivation)

They Rose to Fame…

Duggars: Through the act of reproduction, per God’s edict for them to multiply and prosper.

Kardashians: Through the act of reproduction, per Mom’s edit to milk Vivid Entertainment for every sex tape dime.

Religion

Duggars: Independent Baptists — A fundamentalist Christian sect in which wearing T-shirts and failing to obey promise eternal hellfire.

Kardashians: California Community Church — Run by an ex-Starbucks employee, it seems to involve carelessly quoting, and tweeting, the word Bible to mean “I promise.”

Family Values

Duggars: Your body is sacred. Premarital sex is taboo. Homeschooling is good because you don’t have to teach pesky subjects like evolution. Avoid drugs and alcohol. Listen to your father. Work with what God gives you.

Kardashians: Make as much money as possible through premarital sex. Homeschooling is great because you can, like, learn fashion. Party with your siblings. Ignore your father. Don’t like what God gives you? Call your plastic surgeon.

Net Worth

Duggars: $3.5 million

Kardashians: $300 million

baby
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I have never watched either, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick the Duggars.
mommy2adandykid
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, i seriously would have not thought that the Duggar's net worth was $3 million but i guess that makes sense  damn.............lol

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

wow, i seriously would have not thought that the Duggar's net worth was $3 million but i guess that makes sense  damn.............lol

I would think it would be more. Per person thats got to be pretty low :)

baby
KenneMaw
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I admit that if I start to watch the Kardashians, it is hard to look away.   They are so frighteningly narcissistic and so phony, but they are laughing all of the way to the bank.  Khloe and Kourtney and even Kris seem so miserable plus poor sweet Rob.

I totally respect the Duggars.   They are self-made and true to this beliefs.   I just can't understand having 19 kids, but God never called me to reproduce like that.    I think it would be crazy to be part of their family.

KenneMaw
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I think JimBob made money in real estate and still owns quite a bit of property.   It would seem their house alone would be easily worth $1 million.     They do not have any debt, but I bet the Kardashians do.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the Duggars. They are awesome. I love their show. I greatly admire them. Anyone who is in the public eye and isn't afraid to live and share their faith in God is someone I admire. As for the Kardashians, Kim especially, nothing but greedy, disgusting attention whores. Wouldn't watch their show if it was the only thing on and my life depended on it. I'd tell them to blow my brains out, so I wouldn't have to suffer my IQ dropping by watching them.

jellybeanjean
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:14 AM
I've never seen the Duggars, but the kardashians are seriously boring to watch.
happinessforyou
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:09 PM

The Do-Good Duggars  VS  The Kar-trashians????

I'll flip a quarter....

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM
They are two different families. I voted for Duggars. I like their show. The other family's show is boring and predictable.
KimmyPoo
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I love the Duggars
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)