Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Outlander

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've been catching the previews for this show for a while but didn't think I'd be able to watch it since it's on Starz. Well, I caught the pilot on a preview channel and I really liked it. I'm not sure when or how I'll be able to watch any other episodes though. Also, after I watched it, I found out that this is based on a book series so I'm torn between wanting to read the books and just waiting until I can watch the episodes first.Usually, if I read the books first, I get annoyed with the show/movie, lol. Has anyone read the books or watched the show yet?

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:50 AM

i have read the books, they are pretty good.  I want to see the show, but i dont have starz

urbpro
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I don't have Starz either so I'll have to wait and see if its available on Hulu or Netflix or online somwhere. I think I am going to read the books as well since I don't know when or if I'll be able to watch the show :o)

Quoting Melissa_anne:

i have read the books, they are pretty good.  I want to see the show, but i dont have starz

Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM

just found out it's on hulu!  yay!  didn't look until now.. bummer will have to watch tonight

Quoting urbpro:

I don't have Starz either so I'll have to wait and see if its available on Hulu or Netflix or online somwhere. I think I am going to read the books as well since I don't know when or if I'll be able to watch the show :o)

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:49 AM

have you watched yet?  the comp at work messes up whenever i want to watch it and the picture is really jerky and the words dont match the mouths, so i have to watch at home

Quoting urbpro:

I've been catching the previews for this show for a while but didn't think I'd be able to watch it since it's on Starz. Well, I caught the pilot on a preview channel and I really liked it. I'm not sure when or how I'll be able to watch any other episodes though. Also, after I watched it, I found out that this is based on a book series so I'm torn between wanting to read the books and just waiting until I can watch the episodes first.Usually, if I read the books first, I get annoyed with the show/movie, lol. Has anyone read the books or watched the show yet?

jenn75
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I don't have Starz either but want to see it. The first eppisode is free on the Starz website. I've been "catching up on it" through gif's on Tumblr. Lol
When word came out about them doing a show I had some friends who had read the book who were worried because If True Blood has taught me anything it's that TV shows based on books tend to fuck things up.
So far, I've heard good things from the bookies about the show.
Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2014 at 4:05 AM

i wish i could find a place to watch it online.  i want to see it so bad

Quoting jenn75: I don't have Starz either but want to see it. The first eppisode is free on the Starz website. I've been "catching up on it" through gif's on Tumblr. Lol When word came out about them doing a show I had some friends who had read the book who were worried because If True Blood has taught me anything it's that TV shows based on books tend to fuck things up. So far, I've heard good things from the bookies about the show.

Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2014 at 6:05 AM

found a site to watch it on!

http://www.watchoutlander.com/

the 4th episode didn't work for me so i watched it here

http://vidup.me/ws1ncb1sw20d

thats all the further i have gotten so far.  off to watch episode 5 :)

Quoting jenn75: I don't have Starz either but want to see it. The first eppisode is free on the Starz website. I've been "catching up on it" through gif's on Tumblr. Lol When word came out about them doing a show I had some friends who had read the book who were worried because If True Blood has taught me anything it's that TV shows based on books tend to fuck things up. So far, I've heard good things from the bookies about the show.

Melissa_anne
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Quoting urbpro:

Quoting Melissa_anne:

jenn75
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting Melissa_anne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN