Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Cloverfield spoiler please!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
Did anyone see the Cloverfield movie? DH and I were trying to decide between that and Juno and I REALLY wanted to see Juno. I'm glad we did by the way- it was even better than Knocked Up. Anyway while I was standing in line for the tickets the sold out Cloverfield show was letting out and some kids said to the people in line, "don't waste your $ on Cloverfield. Suckiest ending ever." I really don't think I'm going to watch it- maybe when it's on dvd- but I'm curious- what was the big surprise ending?
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JacobsMom52907
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 10:51 PM
Anyone?? Please!
roni1121
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:26 AM
I've been dying to know too, I was wondering if this movie was any good and I've looked in other groups and this is what they say. Most of the movie is filmed with a camcorder like the blair witch project, the monster is like a Godzilla type alien, and somehow humans are infected or whatever and they end up bursting and a bunch a little baby aliens are attacking too. Sounds lame to me!! Im not sure if this is right, but it's what i've read!
mommy2threegirl
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:38 AM
Ive heard nothing but bad stuff about Cloverfield from a few people. They said it wasnt really that good. I went and saw Juno a few weeks ago. It was an okay movie to me. I thought it was going to be really good like it would wow wow me but it didnt. I mean dont get me wrong it is a good movie with a good story line but it just didnt wow wow me. If you know what I mean. I have not seen Cloverfield so I couldnt tell you if it's good or not but from what i hear it's just not good at all.
seminolemom
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I got this off of a Cloverfield spoiler website, it seems pretty accurate based on what other websites are saying, but I haven't seen the movie yet, so use your own judgement:

SPOILER ALERT - MOVIE SYNOPSIS BELOW!!!!

Film opens. Screen is blank for a while, then it starts flasihing colours and you discover that this is a copy of a government video not to be duplicated. It says Camera found at Area 449 (I think the number was like that I can’t remember exactly what it was), formerly known as Central Park. It describes the Cloverfield incident.

Film opens with rob filming NY from the window in Beth’s dad’s apartment. He walks along the corridor and films the photos in the hall and walks into the room and films Beth while she is sleeping in bed Beth wakes up and talks to Rob for a minute before the camera cuts to her trying to catch fruit in her mouth that Rob is throwing at her lying in bed.

Film cuts to Jason filming Lily (his girlfriend) who is telling him that he is going to be in charge of the camera while at the party. He goes over to Hud who is helping prepare Rob’s leaving party and tells him is he is going to be in charge of the camera at the party and he just has to go around and get everybody to film a farewell message for Rob, like they do at weddings. Party happens (Rob has been promoted to vice president in Japan).

Hud is in charge of filming the party. At the part you discover that Rob has slept with Beth and they have a fight in the hallway about it.

Monster attacks during the party. All the main characters are going to die sometime in the film.

The monster looks like a big dinosaur crossed with an alien and tarantula like creatures fall off it.

Rob and Beth have a fight at the party and she leaves with a guy she bought to the party. Soon after she leaves the monster attacks and everybody leaves the party and they hide in a shop. when they go out onto the street they see buildings collapsing and they decide they have to get out of NY, They head to the Brooklyn Bridge and there Beth calls Rob saying she is trapped and can’t move.

They stop on the bridge even though they are meant to be moving and Jason (Rob’s brother) climbs up higher too see what is happening and at that minute the monster attacks and kills Jason. They start running as the bridge collapses behind them. They go into a electronic store because Rob’s mobile battery has run out and they see what is happening on T.V. They go into the subway and Rob’s mother calls and he tells her Jason is dead.

They (Rob, Lily, Marlena ad Hud) decide to start walking the train tracks because Rob wants to go and save Beth because off her message on the bridge. Hud makes lots of jokes about a homeless guy that lives near train tracks and likes to light people on fire.

At that moment they notice that rats are running and they wonder what they are running from. They turn on the night vision and at that moment the tarantula like creatures emerge and start to attack them. Marlena gets hurt the worst her whole back been bitten while Hud has hurt his leg.

They crawl off the train tracks and into a room and decide whatever option they take they are going to die, so they might as well get out of here and try get back above ground.

They enter a department store and Marlena is looking really ill. At that moment the army emerges and says they have found four survivors and take them into a room where all the other survivors are (nearly all are near dead) at that moment Marlena starts bleeding from here eye and everybody starts screaming she is infected and they drag her into a sealed place and you see blood splatter everywhere (it looks like the shot her or she exploded, but you don’t see it happen).

Lily, Rob and Hud are in hysterics and they tell the army guy they are going to rescue Beth whether he likes it or not. He tells them if the can be back by 6.00 the helicopters will pick them up and take them to safety. The army guy also tells them that the armed forces are going to take one more go at blowing up the monster and if it doesn’t work they are going to leave NY to the monster and let the city be destroyed.

They leave the place and run to Beth’s apartment to see that it is leaning over onto another apartment, They decide to go up the opposite building and then cross where the building has fallen into the other one to get in to Beth’s room (39th floor). They climb up and cross and find Beth alive but impaled on a pole going through her shoulder.

Despite her pleas they pull her off and they hobble off out of the building and into the street, While they were in the building another tarantula tries to attack them but they kill t. They make it to helicopters and lily goes off in one. The next one arrives and Hud, Beth and Rob get on it.

As they fly off they see the monster be what they think is blown up. As they cheer out of the smoke it suddenly strikes the helicopter and it crashes into Central park. They survive though the pilot is dead. You see that NY is pretty much destroyed. Rob’s head is hurt and they have to drag him from the wreckage and his leg is badly hurt.

As they start walking off, Hud is lagging behind and suddenly looks up and the monster is looking down at him ( it is the only clear shot you see of the monster. It looks like a dinosaur but with crab like legs and a sort of elephanty looking face (minus the trunk).

It bites Hud and kills him and spits him out and the camera. The camera lies on the ground filming Hud’s dead face in the grass going sharp and blurry for a few secs, before Rob picks up the camera and him and Beth hide under a bridge in the park.

Rob films himself saying his name and tells people that if they are watching this they know more than him. He turns the camera to Beth who says her name and at that moment the bridge is blown up and collapses on them. You see the from the view of the camera that rocks are piling up on it and you hear Rob say ‘I love you’ to Beth and the reply ‘I love you too’.

The screen cuts back to the tape it has been recording over and you see a video of Rob filming Beth. He tells here there are two seconds left on the camera and what does she have to say. She replies ‘I had a great day’ and the camera goes blank. Credits come up. No soundtrack. Everyone died, except you never find out what happened to Lily in the first helicopter. You never find out what happened to the monster. You never find out what happened to NYC.

After the credits, footage is seen of Rob and Beth on vacation in front of a body of water. You see something drop from the sky into the water behind them. Cuts to black. You hear a male whisper, “What now?” End.

mommyoftoddlers
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM
WELL I HAVEN'T SEEN IT BUT THATNKS FOR THE SPOILER! WOW IT SOUNDS GOOD LIKE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF IT BUT THE ENDING SUCKS! WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE IT SUCKS! I HAD PLANNED TO WATCH A MOVIE THIS PAST SATURDAY AND WHILE WE WERE IN LINE I NOTICED THAT THERE WAS A SIGN ON THE WINDOW AND IT SAID THAT IT FEELS KINDA LIKE YOUR ON A ROLLER COASTER RIDES THAT IT AMY CAUSE NAUSEA AND DIZZINESS BECAUSE OF FILMING SO YEAH! JUST A LITTLE ADVICE!

jennyloafer
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:56 PM

This isn't a spoiler but I heard that if you get motion sickness don't watch it. I had a friend who almost threw up and another one who had a bad headache afterwards.

JacobsMom52907
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Quoting mommyoftoddlers:

WELL I HAVEN'T SEEN IT BUT THATNKS FOR THE SPOILER! WOW IT SOUNDS GOOD LIKE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF IT BUT THE ENDING SUCKS! WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE IT SUCKS! I HAD PLANNED TO WATCH A MOVIE THIS PAST SATURDAY AND WHILE WE WERE IN LINE I NOTICED THAT THERE WAS A SIGN ON THE WINDOW AND IT SAID THAT IT FEELS KINDA LIKE YOUR ON A ROLLER COASTER RIDES THAT IT AMY CAUSE NAUSEA AND DIZZINESS BECAUSE OF FILMING SO YEAH! JUST A LITTLE ADVICE!

Yeah really that ending does sound lame. Like what are they trying to leave it open for a sequel or just want to annoy people? It figures- it's produced by J.J. Abrams. DH & I LOVE Lost but damn is it frustrating when you just get more questions than answers.
Smokie4Pooker
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM
My hubby and 13 yr old and myself saw it last week....they liked it OK but it's nothing great...not my cup of tea!  waste of money in my book. they ending did suck though we didn't wait around for the end of the credits so I didn't see anything after them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN