Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

I feel sorry for Britney Spears....

Posted by   + Show Post

She truly looks like a little lost puppy waiting for someone to rescue her! After seeing the pic of her sitting on the sidewalk with her dog, crying, I felt so much pity for her.  She truly has hit rock bottom and I feel like Sam Lufti and Adnan whatever his name is totally taking advantage of her.

Her parents apparently can't be trusted.  Aren't they the ones that called Dr. Phil when she had the breakdown? Plus I think the paparazzi should back off or she will end up like Anna Nicole. She needs a reality check and possibly should go into hiding to get her life back together for the sake of those 2 precious boys. 

Just wondering when reality does hit her, how she's gonna react.

by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Replies (11-19):
tuneses
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Several good points here: 

1.  I believe, wholeheartedly, that Dr. Phil is a charlatan.  I give out more helpful advice in grocery store lines than he does on his TV show, and I don't get paid a cent for it.  Who made this guy a "Dr." anyway?  Since when are celebrities allowed to do what the public are not?  Impersonate a professional with a degree.  If we were to set up shop and call ourselves Dr. So and So, we'd be shut down, fined, and face jail time. 

2.  I believe also that Britney has mental problems and that they probably stemmed from having such an abbreviated childhood.  Every move she makes is in the press .  She can't go to the bathroom that they aren't shoving a camera under the door to try and look up her skirt.  

3.  I don't believe, for one minute, that she is "on the take" when it comes to the press.  They have portrayed her in the worst possible light, every chance they get.  They have decided to turn her into Bennifer and keep her there, always in the headlines.  The public doesn't own actors, singers, etc.  We should be able to enjoy the distractions they give us, and know when not to cross the line into obsession.  I don't want to know that Britney didn't have her child strapped in while she tried to race away from the press.  Heck, I can see that every single time I get in my car and go through a major intersection.  Mom's holding their kids, breast feeding their kids behind the wheel, letting their child barely able to stand jump up and down on the seat.  Just because she's a public figure, doesn't make it any more horrible than the idiot sitting next to me at the stop light.

4.  Dearest mummy.  Geez, where to start with that one.  She has basically prostituted her girls, from an early age, and now she is reaping what she sowed.  I was absolutely appalled to hear on the radio yesterday that she will be taking Jamie Lynn's daughter to raise.  For the love of God why???  Because she's done such a bang up job with her two daughters?  Where were her parents when those children needed their guidance?  They were certainly getting the money to spend.  And now that Britney is so publically melting down, NOW they step up to the plate?  Too little, too late in my opinion. 
amygab26
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 1:00 PM
I don't know what "on the take" means, tuneses, but I think you made some EXCELLENT points!

Oh, God, this is the first time I've used a Sweet Pea!
mommyoftoddlers
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 1:04 PM
I KNOW WHAT CAN POSSIBLY HAPPEN NEXT? WAKE UP AND NOTICE SHE TOOK HER OWN LIFE? I FEEL BAD FOR HER TOO! THE PAPARAZZI SHOULD JUST STEP AWAY! HOW OLD IS SHE? HER PARENTS SHOULD BE PARENTS NOT JUST WAIT AND WATCH! POOR BRITT. I HOPE SHE GET'S HER HSIT STRAIGHT.

tallgirl
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM
As noted on Dr. Phil's web site...

"Dr. Phil has a B.A. from Midwestern State University and an M.A. and PhD. in clinical psychology from North Texas State University with a dual area of emphasis in clinical and behavioral medicine. "

Don't take away credit from someone when they've worked very hard to educate  themselves.

I don't see anyone else, not her friends, not her parents, not her roots in La., nor any other professional, licensed or otherwise, publically sticking their neck out to help "the train wreck of the century" that is Britney Spears but Dr. Phil.

Give the man credit for trying to help her.
tuneses
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 1:58 PM
I apologize for not giving credit where it's due and that he actually has some schooling behind him.  It doesn't change my opinion about him being a charlatan, but at least he has a piece of paper with his name on it. 

Can I ask though, if he's such a great family friend, and a wonderful guy, why now?  Why NOW instead of when all this started, when he could have made a difference in her life instead of waiting until it's at the peak of publicity to step in?  Now that she's lost her kids and is obviously at rock bottom? I'm assuming the man reads newspapers and magazines, since he is so "in touch" with all that is going on.  Wouldn't you think that great man would have stepped in to help long before this? 
psalm99
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 3:09 PM
i agree with you melissa.she needs to be left alone.and be around people that really care about HER and NOT HER MONEY!
FORCEOFGRAVITY
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 6:12 PM
The poor girl was admitted to the hospital again.  I just hope she gets some help from people who really care about her.  It must be so hard to find anyone she can trust.
wjkmama
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 6:18 PM
I think I could give (my fave celeb) BritBrit better advice than the wack job known as Dr.Phil. All he does on his show anymore is belittle people and make them feel horrible about why they are on the show of his!Yeah...I said it
PnknBLACK
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Quoting irishkatiefair:

As a retired Psychologist I have great empathy for Britney,her parents put her in the limelight at a young age and basically robbed her of her childhood. However she is an adult now and thus responsible for her own actions or inaction's. She clearly has mental issues that she is refusing to face and that is where my empathy ends. Dr. Phil, who doesn't even have a license in psychology, might be a family friend but has done far more harm than good. Britney needs long term in-patient hospital care in order to fully diagnose her problems and be placed on the correct treatment. Her children deserve their mother as much as their father. I hope and pray she seeks treatment soon before she completely implodes.
Dr.Phil said last night on david letterman that they contacted him a YEAR ago and that he DID have a license to practic psychology but when it was gone he didn't check his brain at the door WITH IT. And he also said he wasn't going in there to diagnose her he went in there to meet with her cause he says he has lots of friends  and connections that he could REFERR her to. He did a dumb thing but that doesn't mean that he doesnt know anything about psychology.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN