Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

The Movies Beaches?

Posted by on May. 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay so I saw that movie a lot in the post about tear jerkers. What is that movie about? I dont think Ive ever seen that movie. Im curious to know about it cause I might go rent it this weekend.
by on May. 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
roxxxy
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM
I love that movie!!  But if i tell ya would you still want to watch it?  I dont want to ruin it for ya!  Now i want to watch it!lol
tonya9904
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM
I didn't respond to the #1 tear jerker b/c I couldn't think of one. Beaches would be my choice,it is a good/sad movie. Go rent it!
selenas
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM
"In this powerful portrait of a lifelong friendship, brassy C.C. Bloom (Bette Midler) and classy Hillary Whitney (Barbara Hershey) share their ups and downs, from good times to bad, through broken marriages and budding careers. Through it all they had each other, and together they would face their greatest challenge. Beaches is an unforgettable film experience, sometimes funny, sometimes deeply moving and always entertaining. Acclaimed for its universal appeal, smash hit soundtrack, and the outstanding performances of box office favourite Midler (Ruthless People, Down And Out In Beverly Hills), and Hershey, who has graced such popular films as Tin Men and Hannah And Her Sisters - you'll cherish Beaches for a long, long time to come..."

Great movie :)
azflower11
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM
This is the best tear jerker movie ever!!! I love this movie!!! It's a total chick flick. I watch with my daughter (14) every time it comes on!!! I always cry a at the time. You have to see it at least 10 times!!!! Excellent.
Quoting selenas:

"In this powerful portrait of a lifelong friendship, brassy C.C. Bloom (Bette Midler) and classy Hillary Whitney (Barbara Hershey) share their ups and downs, from good times to bad, through broken marriages and budding careers. Through it all they had each other, and together they would face their greatest challenge. Beaches is an unforgettable film experience, sometimes funny, sometimes deeply moving and always entertaining. Acclaimed for its universal appeal, smash hit soundtrack, and the outstanding performances of box office favourite Midler (Ruthless People, Down And Out In Beverly Hills), and Hershey, who has graced such popular films as Tin Men and Hannah And Her Sisters - you'll cherish Beaches for a long, long time to come..."

Great movie :)

azflower11 aka Karyn   

~No Regrets Ever~

Jamie34
by on May. 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD BETTE MIDDLERS SONG WIND BENEATH MY WINGS WELL IT COMES FROM THE MOVIE BEACHES, I CRY EVERYTIME I HEAR IT. I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT MY CHILDHOOD BESTFRIEND KIM. WE ARE NO LONGER IN TOUCH WITH EACH OTHER SO I MISS HER AND THINK OF HER OFTEN. WATCH THE MOVIE BEACHES WITH SOMEONE REALLY SPECIAL AND HAVE PLENTY OF TISSUE AND BE READY TO LAUGH AT THOSE MOMENTS EVERYONE CAN RELATE TO FROM SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE ~ ~ ~ LOL 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN