Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Denise Richards on The View (link to video)

Posted by on May. 22, 2008 at 3:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
by on May. 22, 2008 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cinnabun07
by on May. 22, 2008 at 3:50 AM
I seen a clip and the questions that Whoopi asked her.  I think that it was a good point-why would you put your kids on a reality show if you wanted to shield them from the public. I think Richards is full of it. They said well charlie sheen has a t.v. show so he kinda goes un-scathed in the public. No he doesnt. i have heard lots of stuff about him and the bad things he has said, him being with prostitutes and everything else. He just didn't want the kids on a reality show. She said she wanted the world to know the real her. Really, who is sitting there wondering how the "real" Denise Richards is or lives?!?! That's funny.
anhkay
by on May. 22, 2008 at 3:57 AM
Good point. I think celebrity males are bashed in a diff'ent way. The females who are moms and celebrities are always scrutinized on how they are raising their kids. If Nicole Richie or Christina Aguilera are out at 1AM everyone's asking WHERE ARE THEIR KIDS? When Britney was out at 10PM at a restaurant w/her kids it was "child abuse" by many people's standards b/c it was too late. Um, plenty of ppl take their kids out at that time of night and later.  I really don't see much guilt being placed on celeb dads who are out late. As far as Charlie Sheen not much has been said about how good of a dad he is, or isn't. Just b/c Denise has a reality tv show or b/c she had a relationship w/her friend's ex-man, she's a bad mom? I don't see how that has anything to do w/how good of a mom a woman is. There are women who strip for a living to feed their kids and I say as long as they are feeding and housing their child and providing good care, what does that have to do w/how good of a mom they are?

J. Lo and Marc Anthony are coming out w/ their reality show and I'm sure the kids will be on there b/c hello, they are parents and the kids are a part of their lives. I say if Denise has this show b/c she needs to make money, so be it. We all know what it's like to be mothers and try to provide for the kids.
Cinnabun07
by on May. 22, 2008 at 4:22 AM
yeah I do agree that there is definitely a double standard with celebrity moms and dads and if the mother stays out late, they will write a huge caption stating how she was partying out late or drinking. That's not the case for the celebrity male. I haven't heard that Richards was a good or bad mom, but I have heard Sheens fiance and so on, in defense of Sheen being a good dad because Richards stating things publicly about them saying its inappropriate that they let the girls sleep in the bed with them and so on. They have been going back and forth for a long ugly while now. It is understandable if she possibly needed money and thats why she did the show, but you cant say you dont want your children in the public eye and then do a reality show. That part makes no sense.
jspara
by on May. 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM
The two of them are living this up.  She has been getting offers to do this and that since the whole divorce started.  Here is a women that got naked for Playboy and says that she is trying to protect her children.  Let me tell  you, one day those kids will be older and don't think the other kids aren't going to be calling Denise pretty.  They will be saying that mom is a slut.  If you want to protect your kids, keep them off tv.  She doesn't need to go on tv to prove that she is a good mom.  All she had to do is be a good mom.  As for Charlie, she thinks that no one talks shit about him, but the truth is we all think negatively about him due to his past.  Nobody views him as perfect.  I think Denise needs to get off that pity wagon and grow up.
camiam81
by on May. 22, 2008 at 11:45 AM
I sort of sympathize with her.  I think she always thought she'd be with him and she would be the real parent.  My ex had a lot of problems, I always expected to do all the work and he'd be there financially and be fun dad.  Now we aren't together and his parenting is the complete opposite of mine.  He gets made that I give our 18 month old a paci when she's tired.  I get mad that he gives her koolaid and soda.  It's all pretty petty, so I keep my mouth shut and ignore his comments.  She has a reputation and career to protect.  She's doing what she thinks she should to be able to support her kids. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)